Husky coat

Anagallegos99

My husky is about a year old she just had a litter of puppy's back in April we live in Texas and she was born and raised here so she is pretty accustomed to the weather recently she's been staying outside due to her being too hyper to be inside and he constantly trying to go outside when she does get to come in and her coat has gotten rough and dry looking. Is there any type of remedy to help get her normal fluffy coat back? When she was little she got bathed 2 times a week all the way up until she was 8 months old and her hair always was shiny and fluffy. These are pictures from before she had puppies 

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

Bathing to often can strip the oils from the coat, most huskies need a bath twice a year after blowing coat if at all, I give Amy salmon oil with her meals or oily fish may help it could also be due to having pups, as with humans, all the goodness would go to developing pups, shes very young to of had a litter tho but she should bounce back and regain her lovely coat

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My friends husky had pups in Feb this year, she's 5 and it's her first and last litter but she looked dreadful for a while after they were born, her fur was patchy and rough, she was very skinny but 4 months in she looks better than ever, furs grown back and she's back to her weight, they kept a pup and she's a very happy dog!
It could take a while for her to get back to normal, I'd stop bathing her that often, my two are filthy after they've been in the forest but I clean them off with warm water and a sponge, they do the rest.
Love the pink tutu!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

she will have been putting most of her food into the growing pups, and later the milk to feed them. she could need a multivitamin and calcium suppliment to help bring her back into condition

I definitely agree with giving fish. my husky' s coat had got a bit dull and we now give him fish bites and sprats as treats and its coming back through really shiny. he has always had a great coat until he went to kennels last month and we have always fed him grain free food which has kept his coat looking healthy. with his malting due the summer here in UK he got a bit dull but its coming back slowly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

• 1 year later...

Archived