Birthday treat for Amy

Jo

So, I've been asking my local butcher to save me some lamb bones for Amy, called in today and he gave me these!!! And the same size bag of chicken carcasses - our freezer is now full of months worth of Amy treats!!! She'll be getting one on her 1st birthday on Saturday!! [emoji3]3161feba4e8c26858e5826fd8c2fde47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

And he didnt charge me anything for them!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I know! They normally charge for bones for stock but I think they felt guilty as every time I've been in for some bones for Amy they ha e forgotten and thrown them away!! I now have a freezer drawer just full of her bones!! Lucky girl!! [emoji3]

Fantastic! I was just chatting to the hubby the other day about our lack of a proper butchers. We used to have lots around but one by one, they've all closed down. [emoji20]

I pay 65p a kilo for chicken carcasses, lamb ribs and any bones.   Lambs ribs are the favourite,  I cut each rib out separately and they get those as treats a couple of times a day  -  better for them than the commercial biscuits hubby gets them.    Most smaller butchers have to pay to get their bones etc taken away  -  unfortunately the only butcher I know that actually does their own butchery is so large - they are paid for their waste by the pet food industry at 65p a kilo  - hence that is what I pay.

We also have a Morrisons with a butchers and they're selling lamb bones for dogs at a £1 a pack, beef bones are £2-£3, I have to go at 8.30 in the morning to get them as they sell out as fast as they stock the fridges. I give them bones instead of shop bought treats.

Archived