Husky eats all foods!

bandit98

Hello,

My 1 year old Sibe eats everything he can. Not objects that aren't even food (a chair, for example) but all types of food. He sits patiently waiting at my feet when I eat an orange because he knows he'll get the last segment! Loved citrus as a puppy too, always stole lemons? Also adores all vegetables, tries to steal everything health like tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, even avocado skins!

My border collie and Labrador always think they want it too when he's eating whatever it is, but soon realise they really don't like it!

I'm wondering if this is normal for huskies?

Should I be concerned?

Should there be something like this needed in his diet more than other breeds?

Is he just a food loving husky?

He's my first husky so I don't know if it's normal for them haha

bc2907186ec664759d15604beb9d59d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi you shouldn't give your dog any kind of citrus food. If he's waiting that must mean you're giving him some so he's expecting to get your food? You should just feed him his normal dog food, and carrots are good as a treat. Yes it is normal for huskies to eat everything but you shouldn't let them!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Hi you shouldn't give your dog any kind of citrus food. If he's waiting that must mean you're giving him some so he's expecting to get your food? You should just feed him his normal dog food, and carrots are good as a treat. Yes it is normal for huskies to eat everything but you shouldn't let them!

My vet who knows my dog and I trust fully with her knowledge says citrus isn't bad for dogs in small amounts (bad for cats however!) he'll only get a segment of orange once, maybe twice a week. That's the only citrus he is allowed, doesn't mean he doesn't try to take others sometimes too, but has never successfully eaten them before we stopped him

Our alpha loves orange, satsumas etc..once we start peeling he sits there straight away and he get one little piece and not often...

one thing I would watch out for is advacado skin that can cause vomiting for an extended period of time...all vegetables should be ok our try them and do not eat it if they do not like them...their fav veggies are carrots at all times...

Our alpha loves orange, satsumas etc..once we start peeling he sits there straight away and he get one little piece and not often...
one thing I would watch out for is advacado skin that can cause vomiting for an extended period of time...all vegetables should be ok our try them and do not eat it if they do not like them...their fav veggies are carrots at all times...

Thank you, yes not often is best then!
Will watch out for avocado skins then, he sometimes steals them out of the bucket of scraps we have in the kitchen that will be given to the chickens. Haven't let him eat them though as weren't sure, will make sure he doesn't eat them!

Carrots are always a solid favourite for all of ours haha

Well, we 'were' having left over chicken for tea, all plated up waiting for the veg and Amy has swiped the chicken off my plate! OH's fault for leaving it on side he did manage to get it off her and will now be used for training treats tomorrow - I'm now having beans on toast - gotta love your husky!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

When Ice was a pup we had to pick up every single little thing off the floor asap as otherwise Ice would eat it, regardless of whether it was actually edible or not. Total nightmare. [emoji85] he's gotten more particular as he's matured though and occasionally even turns his nose up at treats I offer to him. Total contrast to the trash puppy he used to be. [emoji23]

Harlow eats olives off the floir when we are on walks lots of olive trees around our area but she'll only eat the ripe ones and spits the pips out lol. I definitely don't let her eat them but from time to time I won't be watching and she's chewing away. I have to agree Huskies will try eat everything. She particularly loves chewing on black banana skin [emoji25]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived