Astro's at the vet

Rachael_Astro

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So happy about Astro   -   but I can guarantee she won't have learned her lesson  -   your lesson is  don't leave them about - eat them all immediately!  :lol:

Bit difficult for me to do that at the moment ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

2 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

Thanks everyone he's fine now emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

That is brilliant...

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wondering how much a trip to the vets costs after an unwanted snack... ta-dah! The letter from the insurance arrived today. This was for the injection to make him sick, emergency vet fee, an overnight stay and blood tests. So glad I've got insurance!

d90576d04c4a55b1f2ab39cc36148a26.jpg

Eek!!! Thats out of hours vet charges for you! Yes, I wouldnt be without insurance my last dog was on arthritis meds, incontinance tablets to name a few so the insurance really helped!

Ouch. I have to say though that considering all the bits, although it's a lot of money it looks like a pretty reasonable vets you got there. When Ice got sick out of hours as a pup (Easter weekend) it was £200 consultation fee just on its own. Two hundred smackers just for stepping into the vet room. I know you can't put a price on your pets health but there were a few less eggs that year. [emoji23]

Ouch. I have to say though that considering all the bits, although it's a lot of money it looks like a pretty reasonable vets you got there. When Ice got sick out of hours as a pup (Easter weekend) it was £200 consultation fee just on its own. Two hundred smackers just for stepping into the vet room. I know you can't put a price on your pets health but there were a few less eggs that year. [emoji23]

Wow really!! Mine was £100 for the call out charge, maybe not so bad after all! Just glad he's ok, but blimey £400 for a tea cake [emoji23]

Wow really!! Mine was £100 for the call out charge, maybe not so bad after all! Just glad he's ok, but blimey £400 for a tea cake [emoji23]

lol yeah I hope it was a special tea cake made of gold and you got it back [emoji23]
Prices do seem to vary a bit in areas (well countries in this case, lol). We're in the south east on the edge of London so I don't know if that pushes the prices up or if because it was Easter weekend we were charged for both out of hours and bank holiday rates. No idea, he got an anti sickness jab, anti inflammatory Jab and a load of antibiotics tablets on top and I honestly cannot remember how much they were, (waste of time anyway as they misdiagnosed him) but that consultation fee will forever be etched into my mind. [emoji23]

Wow! Your vet must be driving a top of the range jag, a weekend consult with my vet is £40 then meds charge if any.

This was an emergency call out charge at night!

lol yeah I hope it was a special tea cake made of gold and you got it back [emoji23]
Prices do seem to vary a bit in areas (well countries in this case, lol). We're in the south east on the edge of London so I don't know if that pushes the prices up or if because it was Easter weekend we were charged for both out of hours and bank holiday rates. No idea, he got an anti sickness jab, anti inflammatory Jab and a load of antibiotics tablets on top and I honestly cannot remember how much they were, (waste of time anyway as they misdiagnosed him) but that consultation fee will forever be etched into my mind. [emoji23]

Yeah it probably is more expensive in London! Mad how prices vary so much

My partners Yorkie, Toby, was attacked by a Rottweiler on a Saturday evening out of hours and he had to have 15 stitches in his stomach and he was anaesthetised, the total amount was £130. You can't put a price on your pets health, if we lived in a city this would probably have cost three times that amount, maybe more. Lucky for him he could pay that but some vets fees are too expensive and not everyone can afford insurance.

My partners Yorkie, Toby, was attacked by a Rottweiler on a Saturday evening out of hours and he had to have 15 stitches in his stomach and he was anaesthetised, the total amount was £130. You can't put a price on your pets health, if we lived in a city this would probably have cost three times that amount, maybe more. Lucky for him he could pay that but some vets fees are too expensive and not everyone can afford insurance.

I hope the rotties owner paid for that?
One of my clients dogs had cancer at 12 months old , they paid over k10 for treatment, some covered by insurance the rest by them, happy to say, 4 years on and he's a happy healthy dog but not many people have that kind of spare cash I know I dont! [emoji15]

http://dotslondon.co.uk/
On the subject of the cost of pet care, check out this link, such a worthwhile cause, and they are looking for donations of harnesses, collars, dog coats, I'm sure many of us have got some spare we dont use - I know I have with my search for the best harness for Amy!! [emoji3]

I hope the rotties owner paid for that?
One of my clients dogs had cancer at 12 months old , they paid over k10 for treatment, some covered by insurance the rest by them, happy to say, 4 years on and he's a happy healthy dog but not many people have that kind of spare cash I know I dont! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile apphttp://dotslondon.co.uk/
On the subject of the cost of pet care, check out this link, such a worthwhile cause, and they are looking for donations of harnesses, collars, dog coats, I'm sure many of us have got some spare we dont use - I know I have with my search for the best harness for Amy!! [emoji3]

This is a great charity! Just started following them on Instagram :) going to give Astro's Julius K9 a good clean to send to them

Archived