Astro's at the vet

Rachael_Astro

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Astro accidentally ate a tea cake with raisins in tonight [emoji20] he's had an injection to make him sick and they are keeping him in overnight to monitor his kidneys etc. I'm so worried about him [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I don't want to ask a dumb question but why is that such a bad thing? I mean I know they should meet people food but is there something in it that made him really ill?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't want to ask a dumb question but why is that such a bad thing? I mean I know they should meet people food but is there something in it that made him really ill?

Raisins/sultanas are really toxic to dogs, they can cause kidney failure and can kill them

Was he acting sick as well on his one? That would be really worrisome too if he was[emoji53]

No he was acting fine but the vet said it can take a few days for the effects of the raisins to set in so making him sick straight away was the right thing to do. I hope I can bring him home today but it depends on how much he has sicked up and his blood tests etc

Oh no [emoji853]hope he's ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thanks Jay! I'm kicking myself for leaving it on the side :( I tried to get it out his mouth but he clamped his jaw shut!

Oh bless him, hope hes ok and home soon!
And dont beat yourself up, these things happen in a blink of an eye and we all know what food hoovers our huskies can be!!! Big husky hugs for you and the boy [emoji813]️

Everything crossed here...Get well soon Astro...

raisins & the like are indeed toxic...our vet says cooked ones can I say can be worse...

Everything crossed here...Get well soon Astro...
raisins & the like are indeed toxic...our vet says cooked ones can I say can be worse...

Luckily I hadn't toasted it yet! I've heard that too about it being worse if they are cooked. Thanks Jo and Rob :)

Fingers, toes, and paws crossed   Astro is ok.    You might have been lucky and there were not that many in the bun.   Marley snaffled a quarter of a hot cross bun and I spent an anxious few days  - but he showed no adverse reactions thankfully  -  did not know if they contained raisins or not, but they did contain sultanas.

Different dogs react differently  -  what would be a lethal dose for one dog may not give another dog a hiccup  -  and the vets still don't know why.   Let's hope Astro is one of the lucky ones.

Thanks everyone :) just rang the vet and he's doing fine, just barking a lot (husky camp people will know how loud he is haha!) they are doing more bloods at 10 so fingers crossed :)

Good to hear he is barking there as well LOL

You can definitely tell his mum had German shepherd in her! He likes to have his presence known [emoji4]

I'm picking him up at 5! The vet said it can take a couple of days for any effects of raisins to set in but the bloods are clear and he's fine in himself so hopefully that's it!

So glad he's ok [emoji18]
A friend of mine has a 13 week old pup and she ate rat poison, rushed to the vets and an injection made her sick, that was 5 days ago and she's doing really well.

So glad he's ok [emoji18]
A friend of mine has a 13 week old pup and she ate rat poison, rushed to the vets and an injection made her sick, that was 5 days ago and she's doing really well.

Blimey! Glad she's ok :)

Archived