Jump to content

Astro's at the vet


Rachael_Astro
 Share

Recommended Posts

Astro accidentally ate a tea cake with raisins in tonight :( he's had an injection to make him sick and they are keeping him in overnight to monitor his kidneys etc. I'm so worried about him :(

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Astro accidentally ate a tea cake with raisins in tonight [emoji20] he's had an injection to make him sick and they are keeping him in overnight to monitor his kidneys etc. I'm so worried about him [emoji20]
 
 
Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app


I don't want to ask a dumb question but why is that such a bad thing? I mean I know they should meet people food but is there something in it that made him really ill?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I don't want to ask a dumb question but why is that such a bad thing? I mean I know they should meet people food but is there something in it that made him really ill?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk



Raisins/sultanas are really toxic to dogs, they can cause kidney failure and can kill them


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was he acting sick as well on his one? That would be really worrisome too if he was[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk




No he was acting fine but the vet said it can take a few days for the effects of the raisins to set in so making him sick straight away was the right thing to do. I hope I can bring him home today but it depends on how much he has sicked up and his blood tests etc


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
Oh no [emoji853]hope he's ok!


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners


Thanks Jay! I'm kicking myself for leaving it on the side :( I tried to get it out his mouth but he clamped his jaw shut!


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh bless him, hope hes ok and home soon!
And dont beat yourself up, these things happen in a blink of an eye and we all know what food hoovers our huskies can be!!! Big husky hugs for you and the boy [emoji813]️


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything crossed here...Get well soon Astro...
raisins & the like are indeed toxic...our vet says cooked ones can I say can be worse...


Luckily I hadn't toasted it yet! I've heard that too about it being worse if they are cooked. Thanks Jo and Rob :)


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fingers, toes, and paws crossed   Astro is ok.    You might have been lucky and there were not that many in the bun.   Marley snaffled a quarter of a hot cross bun and I spent an anxious few days  - but he showed no adverse reactions thankfully  -  did not know if they contained raisins or not, but they did contain sultanas.

Different dogs react differently  -  what would be a lethal dose for one dog may not give another dog a hiccup  -  and the vets still don't know why.   Let's hope Astro is one of the lucky ones.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone :) just rang the vet and he's doing fine, just barking a lot (husky camp people will know how loud he is haha!) they are doing more bloods at 10 so fingers crossed :)


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to hear he is barking there as well LOL


You can definitely tell his mum had German shepherd in her! He likes to have his presence known [emoji4]

I'm picking him up at 5! The vet said it can take a couple of days for any effects of raisins to set in but the bloods are clear and he's fine in himself so hopefully that's it!


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So glad he's ok [emoji18]
A friend of mine has a 13 week old pup and she ate rat poison, rushed to the vets and an injection made her sick, that was 5 days ago and she's doing really well.


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners


Blimey! Glad she's ok :)


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy , along with dressing your husky as a unicorn on the first Thursday of each month