Any help please ideas for dog bed

Bradley

I've given up buying beds, they destroy them within minutes, they'll sleep on the settee in the front room for a while but they always go back on the floor, they seem to like sleeping on the rug more.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

When mine were young they were terrors for chewing up beds. Flat and thin mattress ones for long crates seemed to work best for Ice. I recall he particularly had a thing for new beds. Anything new and he immediately wanted to rip it apart. Once it wasn't new anymore he wasn't interested.
He also liked to rip apart other dogs beds rather than his own at one point too. [emoji47]
He doesn't do it anymore so we invested in a memory foam bed and he loves it.
Bear doesn't seem to like beds. She prefers hard surfaces. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Mine uses the couch, floor and my bed for the same reason. I don't keep anything in her kennel because she literally eats that stuff. And I have 60lb steel runner cable ran through her entire kennel to keep her from escaping. The cable also keeps the floor plate from sliding out so she can't attack the carpet. (Ask me about that) pictures can be provided if needed.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I gave up on beds as none of my dgs used them to sleep on, they would hide the stolen from bin rubish in the bed, but not sleep there

just invest in cheap rug or bathroom mat and use that on the floor

Mine don't get beds until I see they are ready. Like they aren't chewing up stuffed toys so far I have two both six years old. Tyson and Maliki. The others tear them up and then I'm cleaning it all up. They have towels in the dog room in the basement but that's it. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

My Mayo likes to sleep on the timber floor half the time (it's summer in Australia) and other time on her dog bed. Actually, I lie; we know for a fact during the day while we're out at work she sleeps on the sofa -- she's not allowed on there while we're around. :P

But I second the cheap towel / bathmat / rug idea. Easy to clean and replace.

I can’t imagine sharing a bed with a husky! I struggle with the cat and he sleeps like a statue most of the time but it’s like having a baby in the bed, you daren’t move in case you roll on them, makes for a very uncomfortable night. Luna seems to prefer the floor or the sofa despite having a crate and a mem foam bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Lexi our former Husky slept mostly on the floor. She never did tear up bedding. She tried sleeping with us in our bed, but heaven help you if you bumped her with your foot. What a grouchy sleeper. In her later years, we cut up an old 3" memory foam mattress topper, covered it with a sheet. This was on the floor by our door. She always slept so she could watch down the hall way.

Our newest member, Lola sleeps with us, and is very good about sharing the bed space. We did get her to sleep on a dog bed the first night, but that was the only time she did sleep there. That bed is in the car on the back seat now.

I suspect as she gets older, she will sleep on the floor more.

Zen will tear up anything in her crate so i started buying blankets and sheets from garage sales and stores like the salvation army or value village ect. (she now eats whatevers in her crate so she gets nothing now)
she doesnt often sleep in her bed, she likes the couch better *rolls eyes* so i just have a couple of the used blankets out in the spots she likes to sleep. i know the day i buy a nice new bed and leave it out with her alone it will be gone.
maybe more toys left out or stuffed kong for distraction?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Husky Owners mobile app

I went through a few - bought the tough semiwater proof ones with some poly padding inside. Have a green one in the crate and a fleece top one on the floor. Both like either. I reckon if they do begin to get a bit odious then they start to chew them so outer cover zipped off and into w/machine! Has to dry off naturally as the tumble dryer ruins the semi waterproofing.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 years later...

Archived