Eating grass but not vomiting

Brodi

Hi everyone,

I have a 19 month old rescue husky. I have had him for about 6 months now and he is finally starting to settle and behave!!!

I walk him twice daily and in the last month or so, I have noticed that he is starting to eat a lot of grass. He stops during his walk and eats grass for a few minutes until I get him going again.

I know that dogs normally eat grass to induce vomiting but Sash is not vomiting at all after eating it. He is eating normally, still very active and shows no signs of illness - he does quite often burp after he has eaten his kibble.

Is this something I should be worried about?? Maybe there is something going on inside that I don't know about??

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If you are concerned then definitely take him to the vet, they would have to do an X-ray to see any foreign bodies. Astro's been sick a few times in his life he's brought up socks and all sorts!

I would be careful letting him eat public grass. Astro tries to eat grass when we are out but I stop him as you never know what's been sprayed on public grass, pesticides etc

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My two eat grass, not very often, they're not sick either, but the day after they've eaten some it's in their stools. I prefer them not to eat the grass when we're on a walk for same reasons as above so I give them lettuce, Cai eats it, Luka's not fussed.

Blaze will stand and eat grass for as long as I let him , the longer he eats it the more likely he'll throw up after ,my girl will graze grass too but doesn't throw up , seems like it's just something she's picked up watching blaze do

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Mine eat grass quite often but not in the same way as if they want to throw up. Normally they'll just have a little munch here and there but if they want to be sick then they're constantly eating it, as quick and as much as possible.

Mowgli also eats grass. The first time he done it a few months ago he was being sick as he had a dodgy tummy. He now likes to stop during walks and eat a little and would carry on eating if I didn't drag him on. 

I read alot into this and its not much to worry about. Some dogs just like eating grass. They can be using it to self detox, Settle there tummy or just because there a pain in the arse and like to extend there walks by stopping to eat grass :angry:

If in doubt take to the vets. I was worried and took Mowgli to the vets and they kindly said I was being a paranoid new dog owner and just to monitor him. 

Amys the same, she eats a little grass on a daily basis, sometimes sick, sometimes not, she just grabs little mouthfuls as she mooches round garden! As Emma said, if she really needs to be sick she eats alot more then does that awful wretching and throws it up! Fairly normal I think

I dont let Kiana eat grass outside if I can help it but I grow some inside for her to nibble when she has a tummy upset. She loves it never vomits it back up. Always consult your vet if you are worried or have a gut feeling. You know your dog best. 

Archived