Female husky very aggressive

Sharri Van Zyl

Hi guys

Haven't posted in a while, but I have a question.

I have a female husky who is around 5 years old and a male Swiss Shepard, who is 6(and double her size),they have grown up together.

The problem I have is that yogi (the female) is extremely jealous and aggressive towards Sam for around the last year or so. Any bit of affection he gets turns into a fight because she gets upset and aggressive, she also often fights with him randomly for no reason, and it's getting worse.

Any advice would be much appreciated

5bd28caea6f4c306f4b43ca3d699a6c6.jpg

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

I had the same thing but in opposite.

I have a Male Husky (Darwin) and a Female White German Shepherd (Echo).

For the first 3 months after we introduced Darwin to our pack everything was fine but then after 3 months Echo (the shepherd)

started to attack Darwin. We soon figured that We (humans) were the trigger.

When It happened we simply left the room, not to let them get on with it but to remove the cause . . .Us.

If we tried to intervene it simply got worse.

By leaving the room Echo would calm down.

This went on almost daily for 4 years.

Echo always instigated the trouble but always ended the worst off with cuts to her head and face.

Then we moved to a house with a big garden, 150 foot long, they had 24/7 access to the garden through a dog flap in the back door.

and it all calmed down. We've been here for 5 years now and we've had maybe 4 fights in all that time usually because we'd just got home and Echo couldn't get the cuddles and attention she wanted..

Although Echo the shepherd was jealous of any attention that Darwin was given, having space to run and chase each other seemed to cure the problem.

At our previous house they were taken for mile long walks 5/6 times per day so it wasn't lack of exercise or boredom

Just lack of room to get away from each other.

Now they're best buds.

Hi I do think there will be a reason behind it of some sort, could you have a behaviourist visit your home? I think for this kind of thing that is best so they can see first hand what's going on and why

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived