How much space would be sufficient for her?

Southshore

Hi everyone how wee you doing? I live in a very hot climate. Please take a look at a year long summary of climate for my city:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Karachi

I have a wooly for which I need to set up a dog house with an AC since temperatures are now starting to increase and I need to be prepared for when they hit 47 degrees Celsius/ 116 degree Fahrenheit. 

Can you please tell me if a 5x5 feet size air conditioned dog house will be enough for her? She will be spending 10 hours in it from 8 AM to 6 PM every day for 7-8 months.  I will be fitting it with a .5 ton AC. She would be sleeping through the outdoor peak heat hours wouldn't she? So would this size be sufficient?

Thank you so much for taking out tge time to read my post. Any advice would go a long way to ensure a comfortable summer for my Alaska! 

3 minutes ago, sashabilly said:

Husky.s are breed for cold emoji300.png climate where do you live as they don't tolerate heat and being confined they need at least minimum of 2 hrs of brisk walking emoji124.png at least one a day

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

once they are born in hot places they can live there and be very hap[y ...there are members in sth Africa., Australia and other hot climates where they live very happily

I would have thought a 5 x 5ft space is  small to be shut in for 10 hours a day  -  unless she will have an outside run as well   -   with access to the A/C dog house when she needed it.

That's a long time for her to be on her own, and that's a small space for her to be for that length of time. For short periods yes, they have to be able to stand, turn and lie down comfortably and 5x5 would be sufficient for that. Does anyone come to let her out in the day to let her go to the toilet etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

38 minutes ago, Rachael_Astro said:

That's a long time for her to be on her own, and that's a small space for her to be for that length of time. For short periods yes, they have to be able to stand, turn and lie down comfortably and 5x5 would be sufficient for that. Does anyone come to let her out in the day to let her go to the toilet etc?

Yes definitely I forgot to mention that there will be breaks in between. By the way can you please tell me what is maximum time that she can be in her dog house at one stretch? I am asking for the sake of better understanding, not to apply it and keep her locked up for that duration. There are people at home who can let her out periodically. 

She is born here in the same place she is right now to parents imported from Thailand and will be full 3 months in 3 days.

Also Rachel_Astro can you tell me what is the minimum space required for a female to be able to stand, turn and lie down comfortably

Yes definitely I forgot to mention that there will be breaks in between. By the way can you please tell me what is maximum time that she can be in her dog house at one stretch? I am asking for the sake of better understanding, not to apply it and keep her locked up for that duration. There are people at home who can let her out periodically. 

She is born here in the same place she is right now to parents imported from Thailand and will be full 3 months in 3 days.

Also Rachel_Astro can you tell me what is the minimum space required for a female to be able to stand, turn and lie down comfortably

There isn't a minimum size, it's just common sense you can see for yourself if she can stand, turn and lie down in the space

Like it has been said, she would need enough room to turn around and lay down, my crates are indoors but are about 5x5 or so.  And mine are only in a crate for about 4 hours max at a time without breaks. 

One thing I would mention is that someone should check on her frequently if it is that hot and you have an a/c set up in the dog house, just in case there was a malfunction with the a/c unit, which could be deadly.  

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

Like it has been said, she would need enough room to turn around and lay down, my crates are indoors but are about 5x5 or so.  And mine are only in a crate for about 4 hours max at a time without breaks. 

One thing I would mention is that someone should check on her frequently if it is that hot and you have an a/c set up in the dog house, just in case there was a malfunction with the a/c unit, which could be deadly.  

Hmmm. Yes the malfunction would be catastrophic indeed. There should ideally be an alarm system or backup of some sort. Will have to figure that one out!

9 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

There isn't a minimum size, it's just common sense you can see for yourself if she can stand, turn and lie down in the space

I am sorry if I offended you. I am a first time dog owner so sorry about that.

I am sorry if I offended you. I am a first time dog owner so sorry about that.

You didn't offend me, you just asked how big a space had to be for your dog to stand up, turn round and lie down and I pointed out that it's common sense that's all.

Archived