New £1 Coins rolling out today.

Emma

Wonder how long it'll take before all the car parks and shopping trollies take the new coins????

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Ooh good question I hadn't thought of that. I know they mentioned vending machines which is pretty much the same concept but were quite vague on the timescale. So in other words I guess they don't know either. [emoji23]

Pretty much all our supermarkets still use the pound coins trolleys too. Not sure about the posh supermarkets like Waitrose though as I don't go there. But the usual suspects all do. Knowing what my town can be like, tbh I'm not surprised. [emoji85]

Wow I guess cov isn't as bad as I thought lol

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Lol. This has nothing to do with pound coins but when I was a kid and sulked, I refused to talk. Mum always said "oh, I've been sent to Coventry have I?" No idea why or where that phrase came from but always did make me wonder what goes on in Coventry, lol.

Lol. This has nothing to do with pound coins but when I was a kid and sulked, I refused to talk. Mum always said "oh, I've been sent to Coventry have I?" No idea why or where that phrase came from but always did make me wonder what goes on in Coventry, lol.

Google -
Around 1640 there was a civil war inEngland, the city of Coventry was strongly Parliamentarian. Royalist (the other side in the war) troops captured in Birmingham were sent for imprisonment in Coventry, where they were ostracised and shunned.

Google -
Around 1640 there was a civil war inEngland, the city of Coventry was strongly Parliamentarian. Royalist (the other side in the war) troops captured in Birmingham were sent for imprisonment in Coventry, where they were ostracised and shunned.

Thanks Nix but I gotta say I wasn't expecting that! Why have so many of our old sayings and nursery rhymes been based on such dark themes? [emoji33]

Archived