Hi why does my husky always let other dogs push him about for ?. Why does he not stand up for himself.

Hi y does my 3year husky I take him to the beach. and my husky gets pushed aside by other dogs why does he not stand up for himself he always gets pushed about with other dogs and Will not stand Up for himself...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Husky Owners mobile app

you have a non-confrontational dog to keep the peace in his head he avoids arguments...

• Like 4

Be happy your dog is non-confrontational.   Far better he be like that than cause fights, where he or the other dog suffers injuries.    If he causes injury to other dogs you could be held responsible for vets fees/insurance claims etc.

Your dog is very well balanced  -  not a coward  -  be proud of him.

I took Marley to a new 'secure' park yesterday (only 4ft fencing it turned out) much nearer to home than I have found before.   He met three other dogs all belonging to the same owners  -  all of whom were confrontational - they were all the same size or larger than Marley.    Marley was on a horse lunge lead - the others were running free  -  all three had a go at him - one even knocking him on his side  -  they were barking, running at him, pushing him aside, one even took a bite at his side - they never left him alone.    He did not bark, or retaliate, - but nor did he run away or cower down.

I was so proud of him I could have burst.    However I took him off the field so he did not have to endure the torment of the other bad mannered  dogs.    

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Emma said:

That's a good thing. I have a dog who would most definitely not stand for that and believe me that's a much bigger problem. emoji85.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I have one of each LOL the only thing I have not happening to me is being hung...the rest happens often...

• Like 2

I find Huskies are more like people than you think.  You get confrontational people and non-confrontational people-same with our pups. He would obviously rather just be laid back and well behaved - just take him out of the uncomfortable situation like you said you did and he'll be much happier.  He sounds like a lovely dog x

• Like 1

I agree,  I don't see that as a problem.  For mine, I have a bit of a mix.  Yukon is pretty submissive and will get along with all dogs, but can get picked on by the others, but he will fight back when he has had enough.  Kodiak though will not take anything from any dogs and is an alpha for sure. 

I have one of each, one very laid back and the other ready for an argument at the drop of a hat, just different personalities.
It's really annoying when other dogs are pushy to your own, feels abit like bullying, be glad yours is chilled, I'm always on my guard when other dogs come around Luka, he's too confrontational.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• 5 months later...

A lot of Huskies are like that, they're not dominating or he could be unsure of himself in that situation and just let the other dogs get their way.
When my boys anxiety was really bad at the start he used to avoid other dogs (strange dogs, not my other dogs) he'd let them get away with everything and hump him without doing anything, but now after more than a year of training and making progress with his anxiety he's starting to stand up for himself and interact with other dogs when at the park. He'll even growl or push another dog away if they get too much for him (playfully, not aggressive!)
Could be that your boy is nervous or is jyst not the dominating type and he'd rather avoid than start a confrontation. If they do bully him too much, and you are worried you can just intervene on his behalf and call him somewhere else...

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Husky Owners mobile app