Found marker on front wall

ZachAttack

I'm hoping this is just kids drawing stick men on my front wall but I've heard horrible stories in the past about thieves marking houses where they want to target to burgle/steal from. I've lived in my current house for nearly 4 years and have just noticed this so I'm guessing it's been done recently. It's made me more vigilant but I'm unsure whether to go to the police or not (not sure they'd care to be honest). Anyone had experience of this is the past? Or am I just being paranoid

IMG_0061.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Yeah definitely call the none emergency line and report it! I've heard about it it's happened not far away from where I live before, and also houses being marked with dogs to be stolen to sell on/bait for dog fights etc

Aww good :) I agree about a camera, I'm looking at getting 2 or 3 cameras for around my house. My manager put a camera up last week because she wants to see a badger that's been visiting her garden, and it caught a strange man with a tool bag lurking around her back garden! It sends her an email with a photo still if it picks anything up which is clever :)

We had a mark on our garage , boyfriend rang the police they said to clean it off an keep an eye on our garage (we live in a flat so the garages are out of the way n u can't see them from our side) but we've not had anyone try to break into ours , others have been tho

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

You have picture evidence if the police want to see it so as Nix says Clean it off immediately if it's there you're still a potential target.

Never heard of this happening before. What a horrible thing to do... I'd be freaking out! Hope nothing comes of this...

Cameras are a good idea, along with security lighting if you haven't already got some.

Never hesitate to call 101 - that's what they're there for! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 10:17 PM, PatMulder said:

Never heard of this happening before. What a horrible thing to do... I'd be freaking out! Hope nothing comes of this...

Cameras are a good idea, along with security lighting if you haven't already got some.

Never hesitate to call 101 - that's what they're there for! :)

Thanks everyone for your replies I rang the police and it has been noted. So far nothing suspicious has occurred and I hope that is the end of it 

That's sad if people are doing things like this. Sorry to hear about the scare. Here in the states all of my neighbors and myself always keep an eye on each other. Make those around you aware of your concerns. Peace be with you!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Get a camera up on the front of the house. Even if its a dummy one! 

My garage got broken into a few years back and I now have full perimeter security alarm system and 26 Cameras. Oh and Mowgli that would lick and cuddle any one who enters without permission (Husky = useless guard dog) :D 

I am slightly paranoid though :lol:

Archived