Husky as a Service Dog

lovinglyroo

For my bipolar disorder and PTSD. I've owned the breed before but never as a service dog and was just seeing if anyone here has! I've seen husky service dogs before

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

9cc3afc184a337f763d02396cb9a64fb.jpg this is my bean right now at 6 weeks, I get her the 27th

15 hours ago, lovinglyroo said:

For my bipolar disorder and PTSD. I've owned the breed before but never as a service dog and was just seeing if anyone here has! I've seen husky service dogs before

9cc3afc184a337f763d02396cb9a64fb.jpg this is my bean right now at 6 weeks, I get her the 27th

Love your pet... This is my husky

She won't be a pet and she won't be an emotional support animal :) a service dog is completely different from ESA, as an ESA has no training and does no tasks and has no rights in public.

She's so cute!

A service dog isn't a pet, they do a job and help with disabilities, a lot of other service dog handlers refer to them as medical equipment. They get to be dogs on their down time, but a majority they are working

So she'll be a service dog in training when I get (with more puppy time than training until she is more mature for harder training). It takes two years to train a service dog. She still gets to be a dog when she's home, but in public and around other people once she's fully trained she will be working

Huskies really are so intelligent however can have a stubborn (ish) streak between 1-18 months. Certainly down time is a big let-off for them and I've read quite a few are very good.
My boy can pick things up for me & if I taught him he'd be able to do a lot like loading w/machine and moving stuff into tumble dryer too. He's pretty receptive to learning new stuff but is a big soft pet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

• 11 months later...

Very interesting, will you be training yours yourself?

Archived