Hey good afternoon a cat scratched my Siberian husky of two months old on the ear.

kpcv_

Hey a cat recently scratched my Siberian husky on the ear but my question is what can I put on her ear so it will not get infected and she will grow hair because I was told that if I don't put anything on it that she won't Grove fur on that part of the ear. I put some alcohol on it and put on Cortizone . Should I put something else on it so she will grow fur on that part of the ear ?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

It's wasn't that deep but since I put alcohol on it and Cortizone , now she has like a little bump , like a little ball . I bought today Triple Antibiotic Ointment just in case and put some on . I took her to the vet today and my doctor told me that If I don't put a special cream on , that she wont grow fur on that part of the ear . I don't know what it's called , I spaced out when he told me I had to give her heart pills and her medicine tomorrow and on Saturday . This is my first Siberian Husky and I'm terrible at this . I love her and all but I'm scared I'll do something wrong or just won't notice something that can affect her entire life [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I would not have used alcohol. Saline solution would be my choice. Keep it clean.  I would have your vet check it over. There is an illness called cat scratch fever, due to the amount of bacteria on cats claws. If there is any redness, swelling, weepage, don't wait too long before visiting your vet. 

Emma's right. Cleaning with saltwater (tear salty) solution disinfects. Pat dry. If you have any Leucillin spray, a quick spray should be enough.
Just watch over three days. If it gets red or hot .. off to vet. Infections close to brain ... beware.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Meds can so easily be given wrapped in a piece of ham or small piece of cheese.
Don't fret.
Try getting pills down a reluctant OrangUtan.
Five people - one on each hand...one with a wooden spoon handle to stop crushing teeth clamping down and one to push pill and fingers down the throat.
Ours did get to learn to swallow medicine for some Smarties but the new youngsters (orphans) hadn't learnt this yet! We had 58 over eight years in Borneo. Usually never less than 14..🤗[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived