Puppy peeing around the house

My boyfriend and I got our puppy about 2 weeks ago. He just turned 8 weeks over the weekend but he's slowly getting worse about potty training. When we first got him he was basically a natural (I think the breeder was keeping them outside). He would go outside when we took him and only had a few accidents in the house. We never used a training pad because alot of people say it can confuse the pup. Well over the two week span he has been peeing in the house right after we take him out. We will take him outside and he will do his business and then will walk right back in the house and go again. And it has gotten increasingly worse over the few weeks. My boyfriend and I work until 2 and 5 in the evening so we can't be home to watch him during that time so his mother watches him. When he is not in his crate he is out around the house with full freedom. I'm not sure how much he is being watched while we are gone but he also does the same thing with my bf's mother (going outside and then peeing in the house). I think he is having too much freedom to roam because I know puppies shouldn't have full access to the house. I just want to know how I can prevent this from getting worse and if I should buy one of those enclosed gate things or if it would even help. He knows where to go I just think he likes peeing in the house. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!!! Snapchat-661426023.thumb.jpg.7c1f49d712b8b524fc058cff94d6d27a.jpg

First off you got him far too young which can be an issue in itself , secondly he's still only a young pup and it can take a few months b4 he's fully toilet trained , lots of praise when he does go the toilet outside and if u know he pees as soon as he's back in either wait till he's gone the toilet twice or as soon as u come in turn around n take him straight back out , give the command go pee and lots of praise , he'll get there eventually but he's still a baby

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

As above you got him far too young which is going to result in a lot of issues, probably separation anxiety and he's going to be more difficult to train. Any kind of training takes a lot of time and patience

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Bladder control does not really kick in until a male is about three to four months old. Are there other pets in the house That can make potty training more difficult. During the night, is anyone taking him out on a schedule?  With Zoya (female) and Rohn (male), I got up every two hours every night for their first six months and took each one out for potty time. Thank goodness they are five years apart.  Bladder capacity at eight weeks, is about full every hour and a half to two hours. Play, drink, or eat, and that time is cut to five to ten minutes. Bladder capacity does not hit the overnight time frame until they are around six months old.

When he potties outside, praise him, treat him, then praise him again. When he potties inside, DO NOT SCOLD him. Believe it or not, that does absolutely no good in training him, and may extend the time it takes to potty train. If you catch him in the act, pick him up and take him out on the spot. If another person is at home, they should clean the area while the pup is outside.

Praise the good deeds and ignore the mistakes. I know it's not always easy, but try as best as you can to not get upset or angry when mistakes happen. And puppy pads serve one purpose - to help the companies who make and sell puppy pads to improve their bottom line.

Thanks Mazz! He's already getting better. As far as night time goes he sleeps through the night no problem and goes out first thing in the morning. He used to wake up about once and cry for us to take him out but now he doesnt wake up.  There is only a cat in the house but Kai(my husky) liked to pee on the rugs. We took the rugs up and he is doing a million times better.. just making sure we werent doing something wrong but as far as praising and such we are doing just like you said. 

Archived