Siberian or malamute?

Mu

It's really hard to tell from puppies that age.  Also I am confused, does your friend think the pictures of the parents are the real ones?  One way to tell right away is Mals are much larger and bulkier, and they will only have brown eyes.  Huskies can have blue, brown or multi-colored.  But you probably wont be able to tell which color their eyes will be at that age

Ok do you not think they are the real parents?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I think so! I told him the puppies looks Siberian for me

It's really hard to tell from puppies that age.  Also I am confused, does your friend think the pictures of the parents are the real ones?  One way to tell right away is Mals are much larger and bulkier, and they will only have brown eyes.  Huskies can have blue, brown or multi-colored.  But you probably wont be able to tell which color their eyes will be at that age

Yes it's hard but i had to ask someone might know.. my friend doesn't know if the picture of the parents are real or no that way he isn't sure. Yeah it's hard to know from their eyes at that age. But as I said i feel they are Siberian:)

The pups in the picture at most 2 1/2 weeks old. wait a couple of weeks before making a final decision.  A lot of times when I have a customer, people tend to ask about other pups they have inquired to see if they are purebred. In other circumstances, people use a dog with another dogs paperwork, and that sometimes leads to doubts.  All the pups in the pic look okay so far, but I'm a bit concerned for the ones that look brown, that color is not a standard trait for the breed.

The pups in the picture at most 2 1/2 weeks old. wait a couple of weeks before making a final decision.  A lot of times when I have a customer, people tend to ask about other pups they have inquired to see if they are purebred. In other circumstances, people use a dog with another dogs paperwork, and that sometimes leads to doubts.  All the pups in the pic look okay so far, but I'm a bit concerned for the ones that look brown, that color is not a standard trait for the breed.

Mine is a pure breed and brown they are just rare

The brown does look a little strange but it's possible that the coat is agouti? Not sure tbh.
Husky colours can be varied and are any of the following colours: black, grey, wolf grey, silver, red (huge variation in this category. From pale orange, to chocolate brown and into dark copper), white, and I think sable too. Oh and agouti which is not a colour per se but tri banded fur which looks more 'wild' in appearance.

Mine is a pure breed and brown they are just rare

Red huskies (brown) aren't rare but the brown colour of the pup in the pic is more common colouring with breeds such as akita's and not huskies

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

At that age I find it hard to tell if they're dog or guinea pig! Ha ha ha.
Are the parents available to see in person?

No and that's the problem

Yeah I know it's hard to tell at this age but I think we wait at least one week to see

If in doubt, pass. The ear offset looks like they could be Mals. 

I saw that and especially in the gray one!!

Thank you all for helpful information and advice :)

Archived