Training for fun on carts.

chelseafan

Oh you will have so much fun. Now you need a place to hang these - mine are on the inside of the airing cupboard.. hooks high up for long stuff and hooks midway for the shorter stuff [emoji38][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A local man is selling me his scooter for £150, a bargain, and the training is going really well, good response from Cai and Luka, Cai's not himself at the moment, but he's very quick with following the commands and I've bought dogmatic head collars and leads for both, a necessity in my opinion for the safety of your dogs and yourself, my elbows and shoulders used to hurt before these. Building up the equipment now, loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Sounds good! Make sure your scooter is checked over & serviced .. esp brakes/discs, cables and ... nuts and bolts on handle bar to forks. Suspension parts / rubbers need to be sealed in from grit.. or can be costly.
Dogmatics are great for walking out and training .. but not in as a harness to pull EXCEPT as a totally separate control with a line from head collar/s TO your hand - use only the harness to pull xxxx I'm sure you've thought of this.. so no offence meant ... but..
I did stop someone who was using a dogmatic to pull her kid on a play scooter. Warned her she was hurting their neck big time! Duhh!

Thanks, they're only for walking, makes life so much easier for all of us.
I need all the advice I can get regarding the scooter and equipment and what the best harnesses are to buy for pulling, I've looked on snowpaws and they all sound good, best to get advice from people who know.

snowpaws know indeed what they are taking about...

I would recommend a good x-back harness but wait till closer to the season start as yours might still grow a bit...a good gangline with a good shock absorber.. and a neckline..Indi-dog can make all of these as well ... and remember you can get 10 % discount on there as well..

Rob's right. I got med to heavy enclosed bungee. The H harness and DC Zero but.. wait till Oct as yours are still growing. The Hooner H adjusts (if they still make it like this for chest adjustmen) and measuring from centre breast bone in front to front of shoulder bone at the top (withers) but only half way round then double it, gives you a more accurate measurement. My two H harnesses just get over their heads so dbl check widest head circumference vs your neck/wither measurement as no adjustment on this!
DC Zero is only for pulling not walking in; Xback is my next one but trying to get measurements is a nightmare as mine are not exactly L or XL .. I really need someone in the know to measure for me...
Two dog gangline and two single dog ganglines, plus non clip, but dbl loop ended short line, necklines ++ as xtra safety clip ons.. locking carabiners - all I put in on an earlier post to you. Xxx

Thank you both, I've read and re-read earlier posts so it's clear in my head. I like the look of the x back, it looks like even distribution of pulling on their bodies. I'm just buying ganglines and the extras at the moment, I've just bought new K9 julius harnesses for walking and Luka's a size xxl and he's still growing.

I love my H harnesses for Husky camp and walking out but these dbl up for pulling too. It's like changing a pair of shoes on a long day on your feet so swapping harnesses aids the dogs' skeletal and muscular issues too.
I had a lot of advice from a professional racer hence my own input from that help!

Archived