Switching from dry food to meat

gaz

Hi guys , so Simba is 10week old he's been on dry food since we got him I'm keen to switch his diet to meat as soon as possible but I'm unsure how to go about it and when the right time is.

I can't help thinking if he was in the wild he wouldn't be sniffing out biscuit trees , it seem un natural and he also seems to be hungry 24/7 ( I know he's a puppy )

Any advice would be awesome .... thanks in advance

Ok thanks I'll try that, I'm sure I read somewhere to not mix as it's bad for the digestion but on the other hand you can't just switch to a full meal of meat either as that's bad too, so this makes sense to mix small amounts in

I wouldn't mix meat with dry food like you've said it's not good for digestion , start introduction to meat slowly , give some as a treat etc to see how he copes , if he's ok , slowly swap one meal a day for meat n then when he's ok with that swap another meal out n slowly transition from dry meals to meat meals

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I assume you're on about a raw fed diet and not wet/tinned food

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Forthglade & Lovejoy come raw but in 400g vacpacks so ideal for camping - dry shelf storage until opened. I don't have enough freezer space so a couple of stacks in the cupboard work well for me they have 200g x 2 a day so £1.00 per day raw plus a half to 3/4 small mug kibble (Excel) balances them fine. Three eggs a week Inc crushed shells for calcium, Kefir yoghurt & Coconut oil. Raw veg when prepared for ourselces..
Frozen carrot after to clean teeth and lots of fresh water - this goes stale fast so fresh poured re-airiates it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Lol... gravy treats and marrow bone treats are great for training .. and chicken feet - air dried - are good fibre treats to.
www.successdogs.com. ...🤗

Proven ultrasound tests show raw & kibble take exactly the same time to digest with no bad affects to digestion.
Raw bones take a few days.
This was on FB about Dec/Jan. 🤗

However that young won't need as much raw..as they're not long weaned.. so watch carefully.
Four to five feeds a day that equals their adult equivalent intake over the day. Their digestion is faster and during sudden 'spurt' growth periods you may need to increase by a handful. Remove food left over.

No serious exercise four hours post feed or one hour prior. Or bloating is very possible.
15 mins a day once clear to go out, for first month walkies on a lead or harness.. Add 5 minutes next month & content adding 5 mins per month (each day) until 10-11 months.
If you can get rugs down on slippy floors you'll avoid possible hip dysplasia until ligaments and joints are firmly muscled up and strong.
New evidence on this came from a veterinary source - HD is not genetically related.

A post I did about a year ago might help if you are thinking of going to a totally raw diet and doing it yourself rather than buying in ready made raw meals.

Sorry to hijack your post Am also interested in going to the raw diet for shadow have done so much googling on it and still don't no where to start or what to do she's seems happy enough on Wainwright's salmon and rice so I'd be interested in seeing your old post and a set menu for normal week of raw feeding for her please

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Husky Owners mobile app

Remember too, if feeding raw it is recommended for adults.. one meal a day. Please check out recommendations on how many (small) feeds a day for pups as this is an unknown quantity to me.

Archived