4 month old husky pup still has very soft runny poo

luna meehan

The kind of food and amount are the most common reasons for runny poo.  It took me awhile to get the right food and the right amount of food.  I would suggest a grain free food, and I feed mine 1 cup twice a day

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jnape33 said:

Switch to Raw diet! Your pup will be pooping cement! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Not everybody likes to feed raw...and I would not want my dogs to poo cement either...lol

Ok so info needed really lol , is he still on what the breeder was feeding? If not did u gradually change or did u straight swap? How many treats are being given? If you're giving treats are u cutting food down to compensate for the extra?

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I read this article and copied it to share. Just saying this as to not take credit for this great info. Hope you enjoy but I'm sure most of you know this but a great read anyways:)

Any of you who might own a northern breed dog might know that their diet is slightly different than the average dog. In fact a Siberian huskies metabolism is so unique that it is being studied by scientist as a possible cure for diabetes (If you look at my other articles you might find this one) Therefore, you need to be more careful of what, and how much you feed your dog.

A Siberian Husky is a very high energy dog who, well let’s face it, runs a lot! So the first reaction to someone who might own one is to feed them more food because they must need it since they are doing Indy 500 laps around the back yard. This would actually not be what is recommended.

Huskies actually change their metabolism when they run and thus burn far less energy. Not only that, they have very sensitive stomachs. Let me also note the old adage, garbage in garbage out, and what goes in must also come out. I hope you are getting the hint by that. So they key us not to feed them excessive amounts of food but instead feed them smaller, healthier food with a lot of good carbs and protein. The adage less is more comes to mind.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Archived