Indi Dog Order

Rachael_Astro

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I'm new to the forum but my husky/malamute mix is 2 years old and pulls like a freight train most the time. I've tried a few different things without much success.

Mind explaining this contraption you have here and how it works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to the forum but my husky/malamute mix is 2 years old and pulls like a freight train most the time. I've tried a few different things without much success.

Mind explaining this contraption you have here and how it works?

Hi it's a Houdini Ultra harness which goes around the neck, chest and waist making it almost impossible to back out of! If you want to stop pulling a head collar that goes from the back of the neck, not the chin is good (Indi Dog makes these also). It's good to keep the harness on and get a safety link going from the head collar to the harness so if they manage to wriggle out of the head collar they are still attached

There is also a walking belt on the above order which makes walking a lot easier, your centre of gravity is around your waist so if they pull it's a lot more manageable! I had bad issues with tensed up back because of all the pulling, the walking belt has stopped that from happening. It's also easier to pick up poop etc and I have my hands free and I've got 2 dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Love my walking belt, hands free is a god send.
I've been using dogmatic head collars and I've noticed a pink mark on Luka's snout so I've ordered the head collars from indi dog now but just wondered whether anyone has similar problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I have the indi dog headcollar its very soft and hasnt rubbed but to be honest I dont use it very often, it seems to stress her, I find stop, start, change of direction works better with Amy if a little tedious! But as you have 2 I can see that wouldnt be very easy!! [emoji23]

Love my walking belt, hands free is a god send.
I've been using dogmatic head collars and I've noticed a pink mark on Luka's snout so I've ordered the head collars from indi dog now but just wondered whether anyone has similar problem.

I stopped using the gentle leader for same reason. Was rubbing her snout and ruining her fur.

I have the indi dog headcollar its very soft and hasnt rubbed but to be honest I dont use it very often, it seems to stress her, I find stop, start, change of direction works better with Amy if a little tedious! But as you have 2 I can see that wouldnt be very easy!! [emoji23]

I do stop start etc as part of training for running them with the rig and they've responded really well, with Cai I take the head collar off once he's calmed down but Luka never stops pulling and he weighs 42 kg, he's very strong, when I'm out walking them people often say Luka should have a saddle on, different harnesses make no difference to his pulling, he's 13 months old now, so I'm hoping the indi dog head collar will help and leave no marks.

Its felt lined and very soft so hopefully it'll be an arm saver/saviour for you [emoji3]

The trainer/ behaviourist I've had round recommended a harness with ring on top and at the front which you use together, I love my julius K9 for the handle for control when shes bouncing but considering ask indi dog to make me a houdini with extra ring on front and a handle on the back - oh the money we spend on our woofs!!! [emoji15][emoji15]

Received my first order from indi today. Woohoo. It's really nice Sid has Megan helping now for USA orders and she is so great to deal with.
First order is a walking belt, Zorb max lead and head harness. Shiloh is so funny he let's me put it on and take it off with no problem.

20170523_174426.jpgimage

Second order is matching collar and 25mm Houdini ultra harness. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Great! I love my police lead, you can use it so many different ways! Hope Koda like his headcollar [emoji3]

Great! I love my police lead, you can use it so many different ways! Hope Koda like his headcollar [emoji3]

I just put it on him to try it out and he just sat and hung his head in shame/sadness, nose literally nearly touching the floor! He's such a baby

Archived