Help and advice please with spaying

Bradley

All of our dogs have been spayed/neutered there are a lot of unwanted pups out there (both mine rescues). Your vet will advise at what age best but it takes away the worry and stress of unwanted pregnancy especially with a female.

I agree, I was working at a rescue today and 2 unwanted huskies came in.
I'm not sure if it's different for girls but I had Astro neutered at 9 months and Koda was already neutered when I got him at 7 months. Your vet can advise what's best

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

All of my females have been spayed and TBH weight gain is something that you can keep on top of with diet and exercise. Never had any problems with growth from either my male or females.
I would definitely recommend getting her spayed, when though is the burning question. I've seen a lot of people these days talk about waiting until adulthood as being best but when talking to my vet the other week she was saying that evidence suggests that spaying a female before her first season actually drastically reduces the chances of a certain type of cancer, think it's mammory? Can't remember. So that completely threw me off TBH. She did however say that it was better to wait a little while for males to be neutered.

I just got mine spayed 2 days ago, she is 4 months and I heard really bad things about doing it this soon, some were saying after her first circle until the organs are fully developed, other before or between 5 to 6 months. I asked my vet and he told me to do it now. So I followed his advice.

How's she doing hope it's all gone OK hopefully vets can get shadow in this week then

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Husky Owners mobile app

She is doing great, the first day was really sad seeing her in pain, even they send her pain meds, she cried the whole entire night, she didn't want to get up from bed, I had to feed her lay down in order to giver the med,she was peeing blood the first day, she is a little spoil but now I can't keep her to stay still.

She is doing great, the first day was really sad seeing her in pain, even they send her pain meds, she cried the whole entire night, she didn't want to get up from bed, I had to feed her lay down in order to giver the med,she was peeing blood the first day, she is a little spoil but now I can't keep her to stay still.

IMG_0094.thumb.JPG.bbb305ed7617e63f1bc00

• 1 year later...

We had Amy done at 13 months 3 months after her 1st season, this way the hormone levels are low but there are many different opinions on when is the best time, she hasnt gained weight but we do have to be very careful of what she eats as she had pancreatitis in january and we now find it difficult to put any weight on her!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived