Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Arjun 2016

Eating off floor when walking

Recommended Posts

Arjun on the whole is doing well and listening to commands but he has suddenly discovered he has a nose so is sniffing like mad on a walk. The only concern is that he seems to lick (which is fine) and try and eat (which is not fine) everything off the floor! He had eaten part of a sandwich, chewing gum, crisps and sweets. Im worried he is going to eat something which will be really bad for him. Any tips to stop this?

Also, we were waking him at 3am to go outside to urinate but since he has hit 4 months he has been sporadic and getting up randomly...even twice a night. Im thinking its because he has hit a growth spurt and is teething but anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had same thing with Lilly when she was 3 months, you can get leads that will pull his head up a little, and it's all new to him,luckily Lilly grew out of that at around 6 months, as for the getting up in the night I felt like I was a mother again, but that was quick it took 7 weeks to potty train her, she is now 2, and has only had 1 poorly tummy since, these dogs are so intelligent they soon learn quite quickly, so good luck hope this helps a little. Jue.


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We had same thing with Lilly when she was 3 months, you can get leads that will pull his head up a little, and it's all new to him,luckily Lilly grew out of that at around 6 months, as for the getting up in the night I felt like I was a mother again, but that was quick it took 7 weeks to potty train her, she is now 2, and has only had 1 poorly tummy since, these dogs are so intelligent they soon learn quite quickly, so good luck hope this helps a little. Jue.


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app


That does help...oh joy, another 2 months at least of him licking everything lol.

I think hes close to being potty trained... no incidents indoors for about a month but he gets up at night randomly now.

Should we maybe play with him an hour before bedtime?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodas 7 months and Astro is 3 and they both still try and eat things off the floor! Lost count how many times I've had to stick my hand into Astro's mouth to pull out whatever he's taken. If I spot things ahead I try and guide them around it, and Astro has learnt what leave it means, but walking in the dark makes it difficult!
A head collar might be good, but one like what Indi Dog makes is best the lead goes from the back of the head rather than the chin as they can cause problems with their back and neck.
With the getting up at night, I'm not sure what to suggest really other than making sure he goes to the toilet before you go to bed, I let mind out twice to be sure. I'm sure he will grow out of it soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it still with my 2 and they sure know what leave means 95% I catch on time the other 5% is a well to slow...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm here's a list of a few things I pulled from their mouths: bird embryo, two moles (separate times), a live squirrel, a dead squirrel, bread people throw in their yards for birds.

Amy in Ohio. Sent from my S7 Edge

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.