Husky weighs 5pound

laki173

Hi we adopted a puppy she weighs only 5 pounds how old would she be? Breeder said she is 9 weeks which is a total lie. She was sick so we saved her and took her vet hospital. She is now active and healthy. I am new to this forum so just learning how to use it. Thank you697a0e8ffe14d8f011ef78c1bc0cbc21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app

a9aa11a799644563f04c839425f2cc2a.jpg

They did a lot of scans etc as you can see! Sleepy baby [emoji4]

I have had both mine from 8 week old so from knowing the size of ours at 8 week they were 16lb yours she only looks about five week old thank god you saved her and brought her back to health

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you so much everyone that would mean she was only 2 weeks when we had her she was seriously ill vet said she was so dehydrated had vomiting and diarrhea what a scum bag of a breeder! We knew when we saw her she was seriously ill!

Has this person been repoted this thing i tend to hear about alot its not right poor puppy

I will be reporting him, do you think anything would be done about it?

Awwww very cute puppy! Definetly small...good job in bringing her to the vet and taking care of her. Horrible breeder in letting her go this small!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I know he was only interested in the money clearly! Cant believe he would do such a horrible thing. She should be having her mothers milk. She does bite alot and chew. Trying my best to train her.

Welcome to the forum. [emoji3]
She will likely have a few things extra to work on like bite inhibition and social skills that she should have had with her mum and siblings. Being so young she also requires feeding four times a day I think? Really shocked that they sold her on so young, that's just crazy! [emoji30]

She definitely pure husky? So so cute

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

I was thinking she might be a Pomsky, she looks like one in the first pic with the round face!

If she is a Pomsky it is possible that's she's older as they are quite small

Were do you live i know in the uk if you can provide proof evidence and were she came from who and phone njmber the rspca will do something was there any pups left when you took yours as the rspca will take them and prosecute the fake breeder

She will likely have a few things extra to work on like bite inhibition and social skills that she should have had with her mum and siblings. Being so young she also requires feeding four times a day I think? Really shocked that they sold her on so young, that's just crazy! [emoji30]

It's sad people treat a life like that. I hope they got reported.
I would personally search for a doggy daycare. When they older it will be mace way to socialize the poor thing and the people watching are well trained and can help you with training advice and behavior.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Husky Owners mobile app

I was thinking she might be a Pomsky, she looks like one in the first pic with the round face!

If it is a pomsky then still be a handful, we have one 16 months old now and still so playful. Got him at 16 weeks from a well respected breeder fortunately.

I agree yours is extremely cute. Shame they grow bigger and slightly less fluffy. Great dogs all round anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Any ideas on how to get her to stop biting? She is starting ro bite hard. I just move her and distract her with toy but sometimes its not enough

Any ideas on how to get her to stop biting? She is starting ro bite hard. I just move her and distract her with toy but sometimes its not enough

If she is only 5 weeks old, that's the sort of thing she would have learnt from her litter mates. They would cry if one of them bit too hard, so try that or try saying a firm no, but don't point as she will think it's something else to bite! Or when she bites fold your arms and ignore her, she will learn that she gets no attention by biting

Distraction technique is good but if she's still doing it after trying to distract her attention you could try saying "no biting" or making a loud "uh!" Sound each time she bites. If she still bites Remove her from yourself and ignore her until she calms down. Pups hate to be ignored so hopefully that might work.

• 2 weeks later...

If she is only 5 weeks old, that's the sort of thing she would have learnt from her litter mates. They would cry if one of them bit too hard, so try that or try saying a firm no, but don't point as she will think it's something else to bite! Or when she bites fold your arms and ignore her, she will learn that she gets no attention by biting

Thank you this is what im currently trying she is progressing. 🤗

Oh no do you think? I was told pure husky. How do i update pics on this. Im new here x

It's sad people treat a life like that. I hope they got reported.
I would personally search for a doggy daycare. When they older it will be mace way to socialize the poor thing and the people watching are well trained and can help you with training advice and behavior.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Husky Owners mobile app

Im not allowed to let her mix with other dogs as vet wont vaccinate her till she is 8weeks . I hope she does not have behavioural issues when she is older

https://vimeo.com/200409123

975f7260e832c26c67785e6c7ebbf986.jpg

Im not allowed to let her mix with other dogs as vet wont vaccinate her till she is 8weeks . I hope she does not have behavioural issues when she is older

https://vimeo.com/200409123

975f7260e832c26c67785e6c7ebbf986.jpg

Does she look like a pomsky or pure husky?

Archived