Harness, cleaning paws and nipping

Arjun 2016

Hi all

Couple of questions...

1. Harness - Arjun seems to pull back when we take it off...like a bat out of hell! Is that normal? Is there anyway to calm him so that he allows us to take it off easier?

2. Cleaning paws - on the whole he is fine but aometimes he really does not want them cleaned. Any ideas how to do this without using treats (what we do)?

3. Nipping - recently when Arjun comes in from peeing and we are about to clean his feet he has tried to nip our noses when we get close. This has happened once to me and once yo my wife. He doesnt catch us and we give a stern NO which makes him lie down like he has done something wrong whilst we ignore him. It seems to happen after food during play time. Is this normal for a teething puppy?

Regards

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

I'm probably not much help with the first one as Bear chews her harness everything we put it on. We 're just used to it TBH.
With the second ice knew his 'paw' command so I utilised that. I can tap his leg and said paw then he'll raise the leg I tapped for me to clean. He's not a fan and will grumble sometimes if I take too long but hey it's a hard life, he just has to suck it up and deal with it. I'm sooooo mean lol

And lastly oh yes! A teething pup is gonna chew on anything and everyone that gets too close, no body part is safe from those little gnashers

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Astro backs out of his harness quickly too, it's just something I'm used to! He doesn't like having it put on either. Astro doesn't like having his paws cleaned either so I using put a treat in a clenched hand while I clean him and then give him the treat when I'm done

• Like 1

Hi all
Couple of questions...
1. Harness - Arjun seems to pull back when we take it off...like a bat out of hell! Is that normal? Is there anyway to calm him so that he allows us to take it off easier?
2. Cleaning paws - on the whole he is fine but aometimes he really does not want them cleaned. Any ideas how to do this without using treats (what we do)?
3. Nipping - recently when Arjun comes in from peeing and we are about to clean his feet he has tried to nip our noses when we get close. This has happened once to me and once yo my wife. He doesnt catch us and we give a stern NO which makes him lie down like he has done something wrong whilst we ignore him. It seems to happen after food during play time. Is this normal for a teething puppy?
Regards
Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

I've just read an article which may help with the paw cleaning - start by briefly touching his paws as you're about to feed him so he associates it with something positive. You can also put a towel on the floor and encourage him to walk onto it. As he's standing on it, praise him and briefly touch his feet with the towel. Over the course of a week, slowly increase the amount of time you touch his feet with the towel and he will gradually associate having his feet towelled with a reward

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rachael_Astro said:

I've just read an article which may help with the paw cleaning - start by briefly touching his paws as you're about to feed him so he associates it with something positive. You can also put a towel on the floor and encourage him to walk onto it. As he's standing on it, praise him and briefly touch his feet with the towel. Over the course of a week, slowly increase the amount of time you touch his feet with the towel and he will gradually associate having his feet towelled with a reward

That sounds like a good plan of action...

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

My mother is actually very keen on cleanliness and freshness. She is addicted to cleaning all the details and corners in our house and outside the house.
Last month she wanted to clean the house from the outside. Last month she asked for cleaning from Gutter Cleaning Atlanta. And I think it was a very good idea because now it feels like all is clear, fresh and cleaned. My mom is addicted to cleaning, but I agree with her now. When I saw that a professional team could solve all the problems with cleaning, I thought I should ask for help from Gutter Cleaning Atlanta for me and my husband's house.

• 2 months later...

You know your dog needs to be groomed regularly, but did you know that cleaning your dog's paws are an important part of their grooming routine? On daily walks and romps in the yard, your pup's feet are exposed to rough surfaces, wet ground, dirt and debris. If you keep your dog inside it usually leds to dirty your home from the inside and it's always such a bummer to clean after, tho accessing https://sparklewash.com/nashville/ could help you ease your problems with dirt.