A quick question.

Darth.arcturus

Hello everybody!

I'm new in the forum and have a question for you Husky lovers. Recently I rescue this dog that was wanderer by my brother business near to the high speed. Took him to the vet to verified everything was ok with this furry fella (its a Lil under weight but alright) and he told me he suspects could be a Siberian Husky. I've never have seen a Husky of this colour, but he told about this Agouti Color, so I Google it and kinda looks like one, what do you guys think, he's an Agouti Husky or just a Husky mix breed??.  

Whatever he is would be fine, I just want to find his family and if don't appear maybe keep it.

Thanks in advance. 

Ps. Please excuse my poor English, not my mother tongue. 

ZomboMeme08122016182031 08122016182031.jpg

ZomboMeme08122016182116 08122016182116.jpg

I'm honestly not 100% sure. It's probably more likely that he's a mixed breed but from the pictures I personally can't rule out the possibility that he's agouti either as there's not much obvious I can see that says he's a mixed breed.
Sorry I'm not much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I think he's possibly a crossbreed. Husky X Labrador looks a lot like this guy (they can have pricked or floppy ears), I think his coat is too short to be full Siberian

IMG_2011.JPG.0a0105ad8642f8c2e571e89cc5b

Only appropriate picture I could find of the cross on the Internet

8 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

It's the wrinkles on his head that are throwing me off lol do u know how old he is roughly?

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

He's probably 1.5 or 2 years old maximum.

7 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

He looks like an Akita cross to me! He's very handsome though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah probably, from certain angle kinda looks like an akita face. 

9 hours ago, bandit98 said:

I think he's possibly a crossbreed. Husky X Labrador looks a lot like this guy (they can have pricked or floppy ears), I think his coat is too short to be full Siberian

IMG_2011.JPG

Only appropriate picture I could find of the cross on the Internet

It's not that short, specially on the neck, and I don't see much of a Labrador in him, I think more likely some akita like Rachel said. But even the akita have a longer hair. 

I don't know if have something to do, the fact that I live in a subtropical area (central Mexico) but most of purebreed Huskies I met don't have long hair.

To be fair his face does look at lot like an Akita but if you look at pictures of the cross on the internet your boy doesn't look much like them, but obviously there's lots of variation to how crossed breeds can turn out looks wise. He's a little mystery haha

Climate doesn't actually affect a Sibe's coat length, daily brushing in hot climates should obviously be advised to help them with seasonal hair loss, maybe its coincidence the ones you've met don't have very long coats?

Archived