Need new carpet. What type?

Guinnessman

I need a new carpet for my lounge. My two have free run of the house when we are home and naturally spend a lot of time in there. Logan has always had dry elbows, he often lays on them on my cheap old carpet and that doesn't help.

At night they both sleep on it as they don't use their beds, although I think they might sneak on the leather sofas as well.

They also get to rough play and have zoomies in the lounge as rest of house is hard floors.

I just wondered if any one had recommendations, I was thinking a 100% wool Berber carpet.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

Berber carpet as in the type with long ripples that's the fashion these days can be very rough friction wise against things. We got some for my son's room and it's not exactly plush to say the least. It also snags like a beast. We only laid it in the summer and I've lost count of how many times one of their claws have ripped up one of the ripples in the carpet.
We also bought a stair carpet which is just a regular plush type carpet and TBH that's holding up much better but it's not as fashionable as the Berber I gotta admit.

e4dc9286cd72b4840ca9a13022dc725e.jpg

That's the kind of ripply thing I mean. Also ours is not 100% wool I expect coz we bought it from carpet right for £5 per square metre lol. You might have better luck with a flatter one.

1 minute ago, Emma said:

Berber carpet as in the type with long ripples that's the fashion these days can be very rough friction against them. We got some for my sin's room and it's not exactly plush to say the least. It also snags like a beast. We only laid it in the summer and I've lost count of how many times one of their claws have ripped up one of the ripples in the carpet.
We also bought a stair carpet which is just a regular plush type carpet and TBH that's holding up much better but it's not as fashionable as the Berber I gotta admit.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

you like a bit of sin on the carpet...  :D

No carpet here except for scatter rugs ans runners done the long hallway. I hate all over carpet, too dusty! The other type are easily removed for cleaning. We have 1 Siberian and 3 cats, one with a penchant for peeing on the dog's bed. They all have their own beds but mostly sleep with us, lol.

12745631_999453073463541_6599138608788116555_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well got the new carpet fitted (eventually). Very happy with it.

not sure what Lucy thinks though, been down since Saturday and Lucy has left me a little present on it each morning. I was worried she might try to scent mark it as hers, but wasn't expecting that!

She'll be sleeping in her crate tonight.

Lol. When we put down new carpet Bear decided that was the best place to go toilet when she had a flare up of her colitis. Gotta say I wasn't exactly impressed with a swamp of runny poop plastered over the brand new carpet but then again she probably wasn't impressed with feeling unwell either.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived