Teton's Story

Mazz

This morning, my wife sent me a text, Snowpaws had lost their majestic Teton. Teton was a red and white. His dad Stoli, was our Zoya's dad. We have stayed in contact with Zoya and Rohn's breeder since getting Zoya eight years ago. I remember when Snowpaws adopted Teton to another family a few years ago. He was no longer in his prime as a stud, and the breeder rehomed him so he would have a family environment. A few months later, a friend of hers who volunteers at a shelter, walked in one morning and saw Teton in a cage. His rehomed owner had dropped him off. Teton no longer fit their lifestyle. Teton was scheduled for being put down. She called Snowpaws. Within hours, Teton was heading back to the breeder's home, where he remained.

Teton passed away early this morning. He had been ill of late, but seemed to be improving earlier in the week. Last night he took a turn. 

Not sure what it is that becomes such an integral connection between human and Husky. To some, a Husky is just a dog. To others, like myself and many of you, a Husky is a part of the family. We have experienced the loss of a dog. It tears your heart out. But the loss of a Husky not only tears your heart out, it crushes your spirit.

My heart grieves today for Teton. The kindred spirit between human and Husky remains strong. In fact, it has become stronger. Not because of the human side, but because of the Husky.

Teton is now free to run. Perhaps he and his dad Stoll are running side by side.

Archived