Husky Eye Color Change

Bryan n442

Hey Guys and Gals I'm new to the forum and new to huskies. I have owned a border collie named Kylo-Ren for almost a year and now i am a proud parent of a husky/golden retriever mix named Snow. The Border collie was tremendous work and effort and truly one of the hardest puppies I've ever raised, but snow has been very easy so far. Anyways i am wondering whats going on in my pups' eyes. My border collie eyes' changed from dark green to brown when he was a pup but it was honestly so gradual that i hardly noticed. Snows eyes, on the other hand, has changed so dramatically that i have to ask if this is normal. He was born with blue eyes that looked like his dads eyes (husky dad). When i finally got him, it looked like his top eye was darker and i didn't pay much attention to it. Now after 2 days i have noticed it more. I know that husky puppies eyes can change but i thought it would be uniform and just go from light blue to dark blue to brown. I have also heard of parti-eye and I'm wondering if that is what it looks like. Either way i love my puppy and he could have red eyes for all i care, i just want to know if it is normal to change this way. 1st pic is when he was 3 or 4 weeks i think, second pic is of his mom and dad, and the rest of the pics are him now (6 weeks). He is very CUTEEE!!!!

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

20160920_182832.jpg

20160920_182824.jpg

20160920_175821(0).jpg

:ditto:

Pups are born with blue ish coloured eyes initially that can then turn different colours. Green usually goes somewhere from Amber-dark brown and like mentioned parti eyes and even bi eyes isn't uncommon in huskies.

Welcome to the forum btw. :wave:

• 1 month later...

He does appear to be developing parti eye. As mentioned pups really should stay with mom until 9 to 12 weeks for future reference unless there is underlying reasons to seperate. It is something to look for when searching for a breeder these days if you go to purchase a dog. I would not worry much at all just have the vet check the eyes at his immunization apt. This should be done anyway regardless of the color changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Archived