Chatroom Warning, and Rules!

Marc

It has been brought to my attention that the chatroom has been used in a way that I can only describe as being unfriendly and completely against what the forum is all about.

I have been known to go in there and have a bit of banter here and there myself, however when I have to be told of people activly planning to gang up on specific individuals because they do not agree with what they say in the forums I find this upsetting to say the least. There has been a lot of work gone into this forum to make this a happy friendly environment for the people who visit, and as of late some of the bitching is simply getting out of control and out of order.

The next line will be posted for everyone, however is emphisised purely as I appreciate not everyone reads every line and I would like to ensure people get this message.

The chat room is logged in the same way as the forum, meaning we can read every word that is said. THE FORUM RULES APPLY TO EVERY AREA OF THE SITE!!

I have also had a few individuals who seem to think it is ok to say and do what they like, simply as they do not like the fact they cannot jump down peoples thoats when someone gets on their nerves. Sorry to dissapoint you but that is not what this forum is about. We built this site around people who have huskies in their homes, that would like to come and chat to other people who also have huskies in their home. People who would like to get ideas from other people who might have a great idea about xyz, not for someone to jump down their throats and tell them they are out of order. We built this site upon friendliness and its about time that people remembered that fact.

We have spent a lot of time on this guys and we will not let the rules be simply ignored because people dont agree. They are there for a reason.

I haven't been in the chatroom for a long time, so i haven't seen what's been going on. But i am actually disgusted that people think they can say what they like to people, some of whom they have not met...we're all humans, we're all adults (a few children, and if they're in the chat room at the time it's even worse) start behaving like grown adults and not like petty teenagers, it's pathetic that people can not just say, "oh you have a different point of view to me...ok, that's your opinion, mine's this"...and just leave it! If you want to discuss your points in a sociable manner do so, don't cut people down for having an opinion, it's not how the world works.

the internet is bad for this, people think because they will never meet people they can do and say as they please, and i dont mean only this site, its everywhere.

i play online gaming, and that is rife with it.

im not religious, but treat people how you would like to be treated is a good philosophy

its a shame it aint like wot it used to be, is wot i mean dry.gif

Its not like it used to be simply as there seem to be little 'clicks' on the forum and it is going to stop. There are a hell of a lot of good members here, new and old and it is only the minority that are causing issues. This will be stopping that I can assure all of you.

I haven't been in the chatroom for a long time, so i haven't seen what's been going on. But i am actually disgusted that people think they can say what they like to people, some of whom they have not met...we're all humans, we're all adults (a few children, and if they're in the chat room at the time it's even worse) start behaving like grown adults and not like petty teenagers, it's pathetic that people can not just say, "oh you have a different point of view to me...ok, that's your opinion, mine's this"...and just leave it! If you want to discuss your points in a sociable manner do so, don't cut people down for having an opinion, it's not how the world works.

Hard to see how I could possibly agree more with that statement Sarah. Especially the word pathetic, because it sums it up quite perfectly.

the internet is bad for this, people think because they will never meet people they can do and say as they please, and i dont mean only this site, its everywhere.

i play online gaming, and that is rife with it.

im not religious, but treat people how you would like to be treated is a good philosophy

Unfortunatly David that rule only works when people give a damn how they are spoken to in return. This is what causes the problem in the first place as the people who think people should say everything in as harsh as way as they like to them, expect to be able to do it in return ...... Thats not what the forum is about.

To be honest I find it pathetic that there is all this sniping going on about the forum & members from some very senior members. Not only that a lot of these are people who have got information from one side of a conversation and latched onto it like a leech. Some of these people have upset both myself and Sarah not only in the fact that the conversations are going on, but in the fact that some of these are friends who simply do not have any of the facts right in the slightest, they are simply led by others who wish to cause shit and its ridiculous to watch. If I have learnt one thing from all the silly things that have gone on over the past few week, it is that I can trust nobody that I thought I could. That in itself is something I never wished to think, however it is the one thought that will ensure from now on the rules are followed and watched.

Like lots of things in life, the minority spoil it for the majority. I have made good friends in here, some I probably will never meet (outside of the UK) who are like-minded in that they want to talk huskies, be it pets, mushing, training, whatever.

Then you get the select few who think it funny (or 'big', as kids would call it) to upset people & cause trouble. WHY?? What the hell can be gained from it except getting a bad name for yourself or kicked off the forum? OR BOTH!!

To those idiots, I'm sure you know who you are, think before you post ....

All i'm going to say is that if people want to play silly childish games - go and find another forum as this one will not tollerate it.

I have spoken to many members either on line or on the phone and face to face who all tell me the same thing - how much they value the forum and how much they enjoy being here. As long as there is a need / want for a place like this then we will stay. Sadly, as with any internet forum, there will be times when people don't get on or have a fall out, but people just need to remember to take a deep breath.

This place is what YOU make of it. We just build the site and maintain it - YOU GUYS make this place what it is

Like lots of things in life, the minority spoil it for the majority. I have made good friends in here, some I probably will never meet (outside of the UK) who are like-minded in that they want to talk huskies, be it pets, mushing, training, whatever.

Then you get the select few who think it funny (or 'big', as kids would call it) to upset people & cause trouble. WHY?? What the hell can be gained from it except getting a bad name for yourself or kicked off the forum? OR BOTH!!

To those idiots, I'm sure you know who you are, think before you post ....

Oh Val, you've expressed my feelings exactly. This is THE BEST forum on the Web for Husky Owners. I really get so much out of this forum, not only reading the posts when someone gets a new puppy, or when someone has a sad story to share, but I also enjoy helping others get exposed to this wonderful and exciting breed. I think Marc and Sarah bend over backwards to make this site so accessible and accommodating. I'd hate to see a few whimpy little peeps who get their undies in a bunch, ruin it for those of us who appreciate the diversity and the avenue of exchange that this, THE BEST forum on the Web for Husky Owners, offers it members, and it's all free people. So don't mess it up. Capiche?

Sorry to hear of this Sarah & Marc really hope it stops!! sad.gif

I have always found this site to very welcoming and friendly and class everyone as my friends and a small few I have been lucky to meet and hope to meet many more members in future meet ups/camping.

I hope I havnt but would like to say sorry if I have ever caused any offense to any one in past threads/posts.

x x x x x

Sorry forgot to add hope I have never upset/offended anyone in the chatroom x x x x

Sorry to hear people are abusing this site, means all the hard work you have put it to make it a great place to meet like minded people and bounce ideas off each other, when i first joined i loved it met some great people and of course if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt have wolfie which doesnt bear thinking bout so i have you all to thank for that. I have had some experience of abuse off here being from people i have never even spoken too, and that is part of the reason i do not come on here much. I just hope that these select few do not ruin it for everyone else, and esp for marc and sarah that have created such a great site, and all the other staff that help. So i hope all this gets sorted and big thankyou to marc and sarah who have helped me in past biggrin.giftongue.gif

ROFL!! Big D sends his love, too, xxx laugh.gif

gallery_144_2_763732.jpg

I WANT BIG D!!! He is so handsome!!!! as for all the trouble makers Piss off back to your gutter your not wanted hereangry.gif i always find online chat is a place for cowards who want to be bullies! all mouth when on the other end of a keyboard but when face to face more than likely a right mummys boy or daddys girl and have a lot of hidden issues that they really need to talk to an expert about (or maybe the police)tongue.gif

well said, everyone, why should members be put off enjoying the forum & guests who find us think again about joining us when 99% are here for the same thing, enjoying our huskies / huskamutes / mals / etc ..... this is a warm, welcoming, FUN place & I want it to stay that way

You wanna play like kids & bullies, go create your own place & leave us to enjoy ours .....

well said, everyone, why should members be put off enjoying the forum & guests who find us think again about joining us when 99% are here for the same thing, enjoying our huskies / huskamutes / mals / etc ..... this is a warm, welcoming, FUN place & I want it to stay that way

You wanna play like kids & bullies, go create your own place & leave us to enjoy ours .....

Well said here here lol

• 4 weeks later...

Issues on this have been sorted now Cat so wouldnt worry bout it :) ... I know what ya mean though, there are unfortunatly some people who seem to take it upon themselves to cause trouble and unfortunatly its the nature of running a forum LOL. But we a happy place on here :D

I am saddened to read all of this. I have been away from the site for a while' date=' and I remember it as being a great place to chat to like minded people and I have made some good friends. I do wonder why people feel the need to make trouble.[/quote']

i think its called internet mentality.