Buffy is so destructive LOL

Buffy~Husky

:rofl::rofl: Sorry had to...but have not a clue how to un-teach that...mine do not do it and have not done it...unless I give them a cardboard box and allow them to rip it apart...

You have got a good one!    So far Marley has eaten  the arm off an armchair and the settee  -  we are retired and at home all day long.  Mind you he still has a way to go to beat Lunar  (Utonagan  -  husky/malamute cross) -  he caused circa £3,500 in damage in his first three years.

Welcome to the husky owners naughty dogs club   :rofl:

Lol I remember Bear eating a big chunk off my brand new hardback book. I'd inly got it that day! To be fair that was the least of my worries, she later ripped up the majority of the house.

Babies explore the world using all their senses and puppies tend to do that too, particularly their mouths.

Like Tina said, try to put things out of reach and for me personally I did find that the stage eventually passed once they'd grown up a bit and teething had passed. Plenty of toys that they can have to help redirect attention may be helpful too. Good luck! [emoji3]

4 hours ago, robke said:

:rofl::rofl: Sorry had to...but have not a clue how to un-teach that...mine do not do it and have not done it...unless I give them a cardboard box and allow them to rip it apart...

Hahahahaa hahaa!!!!!!! Yeah I see your point there LOL 

4 hours ago, goingsolo said:

It took 4 minutes? She's slow lol. Joking aside judt be very firm with her and do what we do and try to put things out of reach. Does she answer back when you tell her off yet? It's fun when they do.

HAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!! Dang it can take quicker than 4 minutes?!? 

Omg you have no idea how bad she likes to mouth off!! Hunniiii I tell her something and the howling just keeps rolling hahahahaa 

3 hours ago, wolfpup said:

You have got a good one!    So far Marley has eaten  the arm off an armchair and the settee  -  we are retired and at home all day long.  Mind you he still has a way to go to beat Lunar  (Utonagan  -  husky/malamute cross) -  he caused circa £3,500 in damage in his first three years.

Oh my...... Okay that is worse hahaa, how is he?

3 hours ago, Emma said:

Lol I remember Bear eating a big chunk off my brand new hardback book. I'd inly got it that day! To be fair that was the least of my worries, she later ripped up the majority of the house.

Babies explore the world using all their senses and puppies tend to do that too, particularly their mouths.

Like Tina said, try to put things out of reach and for me personally I did find that the stage eventually passed once they'd grown up a bit and teething had passed. Plenty of toys that they can have to help redirect attention may be helpful too. Good luck! emoji3.png

Emma great tips!!!! Thanks so much for that! I can totally feel you on the ripped up the house part, she's already ripped up my carpet smh

10 hours ago, Buffy~Husky said:
14 hours ago, wolfpup said:

Oh my...... Okay that is worse hahaa, how is he?

Utterly adorable   -  its just that if we have to go upstairs for a short time (like for a bath) we have to shut the lounge door so they only have the hallway and kitchen.   It is extremely rare for us both to go out at the same time,  most of the time one of us is upstairs and one downstairs.    Lunar is 7 1/2  years old now  -  but will happily join in with any trouble Marley gets up to  -  Marley is 10 months old - and the most lovable dog to ever walk this planet.   Just don't leave him alone for more than 3 minutes - anywhere!

well I would loan you my dog training CD but it didn't work for me

dog-training-chew-toy.jpg

being serious now

Never leave dog alone with anything you don't want destroyed

Always have Valubles out of dog reach

Hide all phone and electrical cables wires behind furnature and under objects dog can not move get under behind

if worse does happen..... chalk it up as a learning experiance and laugh it off

57 minutes ago, PaulG said:

well I would loan you my dog training CD but it didn't work for me

dog-training-chew-toy.jpg

being serious now

Never leave dog alone with anything you don't want destroyed

Always have Valubles out of dog reach

Hide all phone and electrical cables wires behind furnature and under objects dog can not move get under behind

if worse does happen..... chalk it up as a learning experiance and laugh it off

Hahaaaah!!! That CD would have came in handy tho lol

but seriously that's what im starting to learn now, hide EVERYTHING!! But every now and then Huskys will always find a way to surprise us... There too freakn intelligent for there own good. Smh....

what you can start do now is mental training with you pup...start hand target training I know mine love(d) doing this..but then the only thing they every destroyed was my back garden...

3 hours ago, Buffy~Husky said:

Hahaaaah!!! That CD would have came in handy tho lol

but seriously that's what im starting to learn now, hide EVERYTHING!! But every now and then Huskys will always find a way to surprise us... There too freakn intelligent for there own good. Smh....

they can be too smart but they do have thier Blond momments more than once my husky has been so busy looking at something he has walked into a wall, parked car, gate, wheelybin etc and turned around and blamed me for it.....ok i do laugh just too funny not to but i pay for it with a grumpy woof for a while

Archived