Deleting Posts/Threads

jmscott

Breed education mostly stems from responsible breeders. I do not feel that responsible breeders are appreciated in this forum and that "oops" breeders and the non educational side of ownership is the real focus. As a breeder, supporter of good breeding practices, and breed education, why would I stay? I'm tired of good information being removed because it's attached to a good BREEDER. The link to a post by a friend of Natalie Norris being deleted was the last straw. Copying the text and reposting is a terrible discredit to what Anadyr shouldmean to all of us. Not ONE of us have or have ever had a dog without Natalie's fingerprints in its lineage but to not allow a direct link to the author of that heartfelt eulogy because she breeds? That is not the legacy Natalie left for us. 

oh come of the high horse here...do you mean that we have to make an expetion for good breeders...No the decision was made to have no dogs for sale on websites to be posted if there were no pups for sale on the breeders site it would have not been deleted...

Yes lets censor a post who incidentally linked to their kennel, a kennel who has been a pinnacle of integrity in producing quality healthy functional Siberians, where *OMG* they had a litter.  Yet garbage like the post I'm linking is allowed to stay.  Tell me, how that is acceptable by your group rules?  OOPS look what my 'supposedly' purebred *no papers* non-health tested bitch did with the *maybe* GSD IDK no-papers neighborhood dog did!  What exactly do you think they did or will be doing with 7 puppies?  I doubt they are keeping them all!  And you know what, accident or no, producing a litter makes them a BREEDER....a highly irresponsible one at that.  This is just one example of many that have been posted to this forum.  To be honest, I feel the frustration...and one of the reasons I have not participated in this forum for quite some time.  I know that the opinion of one or two members is going to mean so little to anyone here....but I just can't sit by and watch anymore.

OK. Let me make this quite clear. I haven't been around for a while because I've had things going on at home. Therefore I've pretty much left this place to its own devices. Rather than it collapsing an disappearing like many forums do, it has been run successfully by the moderators on the forum, who stick by the rules that we set for the forum. We are a site which is run by husky owners, for husky owners. Nothing more nothing less.

We do not allow links which sell animals, in any way shape or form. This is rule set it stone, one that has been there for a long time, and one that will not change. You both know that only too well and we have had this conversation before.

Firstly, you will not be editing out all your content. I have removed that ability from you. If you want your personal information removing from the site, in its entirety, I will certainly do so. Please point out all links on the site where you have personal information stored and I will remove it. This is your legal right. You have the right to be forgotten, and that as far as Im concerned is a legal right. I will not be removing every single post that you have ever written on the site, as not every post you have ever written on the site is personally identifiable. You are fully aware that this will wreck 1000s of topics on the site, and you are using that as leverage. As much as you have the legal right to be forgotten, I also have the right to legal protect the site. And I will do so.

Secondly, I am not in the mood. In the past few weeks I have been dealing with the fallout from my ex brother in law,  my sons uncle, who has died in suspicious circumstances. This caused his mother to then have a heart attack. All this my son has had to deal with, and so I have to deal with. I have been dealing with Sarah and my attempts at IVF (she has just lost a baby), and have found out only a few hours ago that a very close family member has cancer. Therefore you will excuse me if I am not playing your silly fucking games.

Choose to do what you wish. I havent banned you. If you want your account deleting, no problem, just ask. Mess around on the forum trying to disrupt content and I will simply remove you both anyway.

I have been very very patient with both of you. (Yes I am talking to you as well). Trust me when I say I will not be arguing with you. If you want to stay, then abide by the rules of the forum and stay. Its not censoring, its the rules. Its not your site, its mine. If you want to start your own with your own set of guidelines, go ahead, but this is not your site, its mine. If you want to go, then please feel free to ask. If you want to simply kick off, also feel free to do so. I will simply kick your vindictive, nasty, backside off the site where it belongs.

You will excuse me if I dont have any patience to deal with this pathetic shit. We are not children.

Well, given that you have already banned Jaimie's account she cannot see your rant directly, nor will she be able to respond.  I think you missed the overall point of Jaimie's request.  Her request was not so much for this forum to change and she stay, but for her informational resources to be removed and relocated somewhere where that information would not only be welcomed, but beneficial to the membership.  That has been proven time and time and time again to not be this forum.  (One of the main reasons I've taken a big step away in the past year or so)  Given that, she doesn't feel that this group truly benefits the breed and decided to leave.  After failing to be able to remove her own posts, she asked how it could be done.  Not disrespectfully, not out of anger, and without drama.  And that should have been OK.  She shouldn't have had to justify reasons for wishing her intellectual property removed from this site.  I doubt it would have been a request made of anyone else.

As for links to sell animals, yes we KNOW this rule and have abided by this rule. Anadyr does not, has not, and for the future likely will NOT sell dogs to general public.  That's not what their breeding program is for.  Nor do they have any currently available!  Their online store?  Not going to find any puppies for sale there, but you can buy yourself a pretty shirt to help sponsor the team's racing season!  Your excuse for the most recent censorship is, therfore, null and void.  Only FURTHER adding to the frustrations.  If you are going to pound your fists and scream rules rules rules, at least follow them yourself!!  Rules by which I still feel are so stifling you are limiting educational opportunities.  Its our responsible breeders leading the charge in health studies, breed education, preservation of our breed's health/function/quality, and even helping breed specific rescues through funding- less so your rescues.  We have had this discussion before.   But don't allow gut churning OOPS litters to be posted if you aren't going to allow and equal emphasis on breed education to be posted as well.  

I regrettably returned to this forum in hopes of a quality discussion platform after the death of Natalie Norris to find a forum of "Husky Owners" who cared more about Gene Wilder's passing than a legacy within the breed.  Shame on me for expecting anything else.

Ok. If you read what I put above, I actually stated that I had not banned either of you. Jaimie was actually moved to the wrong group accidentally

As for the rest. Rather than have an arguement about this, how about actually reading the guidelines you signed up to. I didn't build a site by accident, nor without legally protecting myself. 

All liability for any content you post herein belongs to you, the individual being or entity who posted it. However by posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through husky-owners.com, you are granting husky-owners.com and associated entities a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to transmit, use, copy, and publicly display any such information; including but not limited the right to copy the information/post to a new server we are moving to or in another, updated, content system. Do not reproduce anything on husky-owners.com without express written permission from the author or husky-owners.com.

I need to also correct you on the site you are on, as you seem to have mistaken it. We are a site for people to meet other owners of huskies. There is nothing more to it than that. Yes, we did care about Gene Wilders death and people wanted to discuss it. 

Your whole problem here is that you want to force what you want to be discussed on others. Not let other people discuss what they want to discuss. Its the whole reason the site was set up. You want to talk about the history of huskies, the legacy of the breed, how a huskies face should look etc etc, you go ahead. We set this site up so someone can come on here and say "HEY, my husky is shitting all over the place, help", or "Awww doesnt he look cute lay like that" or "Whats your favourite movie of all time?". There are many sites you can discuss the things you want. Why here? Because there are quite a lot of members? Wonder why that is?

You seem to be a person who is built on their values and integrity. Well done you! You just managed to put "Legacy of the breed", and yet never once said anything about the fact we have just lost a baby. Are you on a different planet to the rest of us?

Anadyr does not, has not, and for the future likely will NOT sell dogs to general public

Where did I mention general public? I couldnt give a shit. I have no idea who that person is, and I have no idea who you are. What is to say this person is not in it for the money? Not for one min saying this person is, but I dont know that. Hence why it is not allowed.... So no, the argument is not null and void. Primarily because its the rules of the site, not an arguement,

OK. After thinking about this for roughly around 30 seconds, I have decided the content posted on this site by you 2, for the most part can be helpful. However when its not, it is vindictive and spiteful towards other members.

I have therefore honoured your request Jaimie, and have removed all of your posts on the site with the exception of this one. I do however like to think I am a proactive person, so I have taken the courtesy of deleting yours too L. 

Just one last thing. You do know I like to quote our rules, so here is a final one for we whilst you are on your way out the door. Please don't slam it on your way out, its peaceful in here.

As a privately-owned and operated site, we reserve the right to moderate the forums in whatever manner we choose for the "greater good" of the community. We examine each incident on a situation-by-situation basis. This means that, even if you're not technically breaking any of the previously-listed rules, you could still be subject to being banned, moderated, or removed from the site if we choose appropriate.

Archived