My female husky had super small head and doesn't shed

So I researched so much before getting my first husky in 2012 and I looked around for the best breeders because I wanted a quality siberian and I found him, he is gorgeous and such an amazing companion. 

I got my second husky last year and because of a twist of fate I ended up going to a breeder I found on puppy find 10 hours from me. I absolutely love my red female and she is so sweet and obviously super healthy but she didn't come from the best conditions she got neglected as a puppy with her whole litter and her dad was found to be super malnourished. 

She is a year and 4 months and I feel like she stopped growing at 6 months of age. She weighs more than my male by a few pounds being at 50 lbs and i thjnk i took hwr height from start of her paws to her withers and she was just at the lowest for the huskt standard or maybe an inch under that.Her head is very small as is her neck so her teeth are way smaller than my other husky. She is short and isn't as long as my male husky. She's probably half the size of my male in all angles and half the size of most huskies I see. Also SHE NEVER SHEDS!!! Like she has never blown her coat. Which I find so weird, when my male blows his coats there are clumps of hair everywhere and when I brush him so much comes out. When I brush hers barely any comes out 

Any idea why her head is so small and she doesn't shed? 

20160803_153042.jpg

20160528_010027.jpg

20160401_192003(0).jpg

20160108_144318.jpg

You said she didn't come from the best breeder and your male did so depends on what two dogs this breeder 'stuck together' could be why she's small , if they're just breeding for money n not standards you'll end up with a 'badly bred' husky , she could have been the runt of the litter but it's probably the the fact she was neglected n not given what she needs that's stunted her growth

Just love her for who she is n don't worry about her size tho if she's small n weighs more than your male I'd put her on a diet,

My girl didn't shed till she was 2 years old

• Like 1

She looks absolutely fine to me apart from possibly being a little over weight or is it excess muscle. Might be worth a vet check just to find out.  All my huskies are on the small side and I was a little concerned about it until I bumped into someone who commented on what a delight it was to see proper size huskies. Love her for what she is and not what you think she should be. Her weight is manageable but be careful not to let it get to out of control. Getting weight off of a husky is notoriously difficult. Good luck with her, she's lovely.

Gary. 

Hidden

If she is young then she has some maturing to do. It looks like she just has a bitchy head. Not necessarily small. I definitely recommend avoiding websites like puppyfind in the future. Reputable breeders rarely sell puppies off there. www.shca.org has a great list of recommended breeders, but you should still do your do-diligence and cross reference hip and eye scores from the OFA.

My huskies were rescues and on the other end of the spectrum. They were huge! It has a lot to do with not breeding to a standard. It looks like my new baby bella will follow that trend. I agree if you are going to go to a breeder then be sure they are legit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

They say that Huskies have the largest breed diversity in size and coats - something borne out by the very large range you get. We have a larger-than-average and a smaller-than-average ( the two on the right)...... and she can walk under him! Both totally normal, both with papers and both rescues. Stepdaughter has a girl even smaller - again perfectly normal in all other respects. I'd definitely say your girl is on the heavy side - our SkyeSkye's about 35lbs and could do with losing a couple of pounds and stepdaughter's Lena is about 32lbs and is about right

_MG_4560FB.jpg

Lena with Skye

_MG_5027FB.jpg