Afraid of the Doggy Waste Bin?

So everything is going really well with our new place. She's behaving wonderfully and is adapting well to our new lifestyle. The only issue now is that she's afraid of the bin for doggy poo bags. She's not afraid of any other patches around outside meant for dogs doing their business, but once I've picked hers up and start to walk towards the poop bin, she puts the brakes on and refuses to get anywhere near it. Often I look like a maniac, stretching my arm out to the bin while pulling in tug of war with a dog that's literally trying to leap backwards away from me. Has anyone else's dog ever been afraid of the poo bin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha sometimes is afraid of the doggy bin..normally when it is full so I put it down as some awful smell coming out of that metal thing..I walk to the next one which is usally empty and then he has no problem with it...but then must say our Alpha is a bit wierd at times LOL

Mmmn it could be down to the scent like Rob suggested. Mine aren't bothered by it but then they are filthy beasts and will happily roll in all manner of dirty smelling things, lol.

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

I suppose that could be it, it's just so weird lol that's the only dog bin near my building, I wonder if it'd be bad if I threw her stuff in the car wash bin [emoji28] because it's really quite dreadful trying to dispose of her business when I'm running late for work.

So really odd update, she's started pulling away as soon as she realizes we're going near it. And I was sympathetic until my roommates sent me this while I was at work today [emoji19] she won't get within twenty feet of the thing when my fiancé or I take her out??? I thought it might be the smell of it, but if that were the case then why is she fine with them taking her near it?

9dcaa23c03f0a154dcc089ab40dac97f.png97690f7f7e51239dc20d7c92da53ea80.png

Hmmmn that is a strange one. To be honest I don't have a clue, although the behaviour does seem to be about you and your fiancé rather than the bin itself. That's really weird.

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk