fly tipping

goingsolo

We have been reported to the council for fly tipping!!!! We got a letter today saying that we have till Sunday or they will start proceedings for an asbo! It has been a week since the fire and we are waiting on go ahead from insurance so we can hire a skip  and get rid of all of the burnt stuff but someone has complained about the mess (left by fire service) and amazingly  the coucil have for once pounced immediately on the poor victims. After getting an earful the man from coucil has given us an extension of a week, so we have to move dirty burnt stuff twice to keep them happy. There is a section across the carpark where people do fly tip and they do nothing about it but someone gave our name but amazingly didnt tell them about fire,  man said maybe they didnt know, whole street was out so that hard to believe. 

Love that I can rant here makes me calmer.

WOW now that does amaze me....normally it would take the council 8 to 10 weeks to even respond...must be somebody with a bit of say that has complained then...

hope you get it all sorted without to much hassle...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goingsolo said:

We have been reported to the council for fly tipping!!!! We got a letter today saying that we have till Sunday or they will start proceedings for an asbo! It has been a week since the fire and we are waiting on go ahead from insurance so we can hire a skip  and get rid of all of the burnt stuff but someone has complained about the mess (left by fire service) and amazingly  the coucil have for once pounced immediately on the poor victims. After getting an earful the man from coucil has given us an extension of a week, so we have to move dirty burnt stuff twice to keep them happy. There is a section across the carpark where people do fly tip and they do nothing about it but someone gave our name but amazingly didnt tell them about fire,  man said maybe they didnt know, whole street was out so that hard to believe. 

Love that I can rant here makes me calmer.

Phone Council ask to speak to the manager for the mans department and tell them you just had a fire and have been told BEFORE your insurance company has seen damage and authrized cean up etc to despose of the evidence before your Loss Addjustor has even been to mae a valuation of teh damages. State if you clean up and you do not get your insurance because you have been threatend with an ASBO for Fllytipping which is impossable as its YOUR property you will be billing council for and damages and losses you suffer

Council should then say sorry take your time, best if you go down to the office with any paperwork you have and photo's  bt they have a habit of hiding when they are in the wrong, if they do that you can ask to speak to one of teh councilors and bypass the wannabie jobsworth idot that threatend you

@PaulG I phoned as soon ax I read it they us a weeks extention, rob took photos and our son has come round to move it today for us as insurance not voming til next week. I know its a mess but we didnt ask for or cause the fire and having never been in this situation tbh at a loss on what you do.

Sorry to hear this Tina, that really shocks me. It's one thing to drive off and dump your old sofa down a country lane somewhere but to accuse you of fly tipping due to the after affects Of your house Fire is shocking.

Hope it gets sorted. Xxx

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

• Like 1

you can NOT fly tip on your own land

tell the council to go to hell

Also if the guy who is coming next week is a Loss Addjuster  they will want to see the damaged stuff.

• Like 1

Ignore the council when they show up to say we are going to apply for an ASBO say go ahead  see you in court

Fly tipping is dumping rubbish on some one elses land

Storing damaged property on your own land to be viewed  for insurance claim is not fly tipping. if they do go to court show up

tell judge it was being stored for insurance loss addjuster to view. On your own land

Judge laugh the council out of court

Council will not have any legal leg to stand on. You then claim for costs and you can then counter file for bringing false charges.

its is legaly impossable to fly tip on your own land, fly tipping is when you dump rubbish some where else other than a refuse centre

A judge would laugh them out of court. with such a useless charge. The council  inspector is just throwing his weight around bullying you to tidy up

As the damged stuff is needed for insurance its in a legal no mans land you could infact face charges from insurance company for damaging evidence needed for the claim

If you want lol give me your details and the phone number of your council and tell them that a McKenzie Friend will call on your behalf to Discuss with them because right now the council

is in the wrong and you could sue the pants off them for this. The law is on your side

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulG said:

Ignore the council when they show up to say we are going to apply for an ASBO say go ahead  see you in court

Fly tipping is dumping rubbish on some one elses land

Storing damaged property on your own land to be viewed  for insurance claim is not fly tipping. if they do go to court show up

tell judge it was being stored for insurance loss addjuster to view. On your own land

Judge laugh the council out of court

Council will not have any legal leg to stand on. You then claim for costs and you can then counter file for bringing false charges.

its is legaly impossable to fly tip on your own land, fly tipping is when you dump rubbish some where else other than a refuse centre

A judge would laugh them out of court. with such a useless charge. The council  inspector is just throwing his weight around bullying you to tidy up

As the damged stuff is needed for insurance its in a legal no mans land you could infact face charges from insurance company for damaging evidence needed for the claim

If you want lol give me your details and the phone number of your council and tell them that a McKenzie Friend will call on your behalf to Discuss with them because right now the council

is in the wrong and you could sue the pants off them for this. The law is on your side

Whew I was waiting for someone to explain what fly tipping was.  Thanks for the update.

I agree tell the council you have your rights to your land and you have the right to wait for your insurance to take a look.  Sorry to say its not much better here in the states. I called once about some gov owned trees and was told they were my responsibility. Next day they gave me a citation.  If I wouldn't of asked they would have never known.