close call

goingsolo

Rob phoned me as I was leaving his mums this evening to say dont panic but fire brigade at house can you go secure dogs!!!! Flames almost out!

Fortunatly mum only half mile away (longest half mile ever) rounded corner to see engine in front of house and all of neighbours out watching. Glyn (next door) pointed me to one in charge. They werd worried cuz boys have access to outside by pet flap and wanted ti make them safe . Went in and secured flap both boys had stayed inside and were worried.  Went back out to see what had happened,  a motorbike had parkec by ourfence then burst into flame taking the fence my shed and a car fortunately no damage to house as brigade git there quick but another 15 mins would have been a different story. So proud of boys who stayed inside and out of way, one fireman stroked solo as ben took them out on leads and then warned collueges not to as wet gloves and husky not good lol. My daughter was asked to hold a helmet as he got ladders in to check loft,  she gave it back after a selfie! So happy to be able to go to my own bed tonight .

• Like 1