I need a new smart phone

PaulG

Looking for some addvice about phones

I am not into the got to have top of range over priced phones so would not get the new Iphone (do not like apple stuff much anyway)

I am looking for a decent phone for doing internet stuff (when on the move) GPS Maps, semi decent Cam good battery life and good resonable size

being on limited funds means i can not spend hundreds of pounds Network does not really bother me. Would like android and normal pocket sized

any idea's of a good one to look for, most phone shop staff are paid to sell and i really do not trust them as they just want a sale

My last phone was a Samsung Galaxy Young but it got dropped new screens going to cost more than the phone did

Samsung s5 is a good one and think you can get them at a normal price...I bought an acer a few months ago as a spare phone got 70 euros...and for a spare phone not to bad,battery dies quickly.

I've found the Hisense phones are quite good value for money here ;)

Don't know what countries they are available in but I've had no issues and friends with Samsung phones have told me that I have fewer issues than them. I currently have the Glory u602, I just wish the internal storage was bigger to install more apps on...

It doesn't get hang ups or you don't have to restart it every now and again like some of the Samsungs. Apps and games run very well too ;)

Carphone warehouse have got quite alot of decent priced smart phones in there at the minute as has argos. Have you tried looking in a trade in shops too like CeX they do some really good quality second hand phones. Hope this helps. 

My sister loves a Samsung.

My youngest son has a Nokia lumia but tbh I can't fathom for the life of me how to use it and it's not particularly fancy at all. But it does what he needs. Probably not much use to you though .

I'm using an iPhone 5c so I can't personally recommend anything as tbh the iPhone is likely why I can't use other phones. Totally different way of navigating.

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

1 hour ago, Emma said:

My sister loves a Samsung.

My youngest son has a Nokia lumia but tbh I can't fathom for the life of me how to use it and it's not particularly fancy at all. But it does what he needs. Probably not much use to you though .

I'm using an iPhone 5c so I can't personally recommend anything as tbh the iPhone is likely why I can't use other phones. Totally different way of navigating.

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

I know a few people with the Nokia Lumia and those phones can be a pain.. Probably okay for a kid to use but they are not reliable and talk about getting used to how they work! It's not as easy as with the new Windows on your computer or tablet...

• Like 1

thanks couple phones to check out better now.
always nice to have some personal recomendations seeing as the staff in shops can not be trusted to tell the whole truth.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2016 at 9:32 PM, Sherrie_x said:

Carphone warehouse have got quite alot of decent priced smart phones in there at the minute as has argos. Have you tried looking in a trade in shops too like CeX they do some really good quality second hand phones. Hope this helps. 

Did  got to carphone for my phne but my old phone got dropped  and although its not cracked the scren went black, fixing it would cost more than the phone was worth

I was a bad person, my phone was insured against Theft but not damage i sat on the train and had it out and let some one steal it. i was watching as this guy sat dow at the table started reading a paper that got spread out and then his arm went under moved  pulled back and he shot off the train at the station. I just walked to the guard and reported my phone had just been stolen gut is on the CCTV on platform etc. He was also arrested and lol charged with theft and criminal damage (of my already broken phone) and i had the crime number for insurance and wnet off to carphone wearhouse and got a Samsung Galaxy J3

And the poor thief has a criminal record and his case is being put forward for him to be deported as well as he is a student at the local Uni and has been suspected of things before but never caught red handed

• Like 1

I used a lumia when my Sony died for a week b4 I got my new Sony , I hated it! Worst week ever lol , I love my Sony z5 but it's not much different from my original z1 which is probably inexpensive now , I am swaying to a Samsung for my next phone tho but only because the Sonys don't change at all really , tho I do love them n think they are good reliable phones (mine only died because I dropped it a lot :/ lol)

18 hours ago, PaulG said:

Did  got to carphone for my phne but my old phone got dropped  and although its not cracked the scren went black, fixing it would cost more than the phone was worth

I was a bad person, my phone was insured against Theft but not damage i sat on the train and had it out and let some one steal it. i was watching as this guy sat dow at the table started reading a paper that got spread out and then his arm went under moved  pulled back and he shot off the train at the station. I just walked to the guard and reported my phone had just been stolen gut is on the CCTV on platform etc. He was also arrested and lol charged with theft and criminal damage (of my already broken phone) and i had the crime number for insurance and wnet off to carphone wearhouse and got a Samsung Galaxy J3

And the poor thief has a criminal record and his case is being put forward for him to be deported as well as he is a student at the local Uni and has been suspected of things before but never caught red handed

Haha i shouldn't laugh but that was genius