Another introduction :)

1 hour ago, 09robiha said:

I don't think there is any such 'rule' here and well....she still needs to be walked. I'm not exactly throwing her into a park full of dogs, just walking her down the pavement and being as careful as respectful as I can be.

I just can't wait to see him, feels like ages since we last visited!

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

That's why I suggested the hygiene pants as they're just a bit of extra safety for you... As long as you don't let her off leash and keep her on a short one I see no problem to give her a walk like I said above, just ignore the dirty looks & comments!

I hope he fits in and that the other two are behaved and friendly towards him. You're going to have so much puppy fun inbetween all the hard work! Now you're making me want another one! (Not happening anytime soon! And if I do get one, it'll be a merle border collie someday way into the future :D)

Edited by loudlucky

So, is he home yet???

He is! Fin the tiny terror is home and had so far navigated the stairs, the sofa, and the step to the garden...this little monkey has got no fear! He favourite game also involves chasing my feet whilst I try to walk 😂

He is! Fin the tiny terror is home and had so far navigated the stairs, the sofa, and the step to the garden...this little monkey has got no fear! He favourite game also involves chasing my feet whilst I try to walk 😂

He also posted this before I was done because he was trying to eat my phone 😂

I will try and get some more pictures today but he is hard to photography because he barely stays still lol has been on the go since 5 this morning.

One thing that I think will be difficult is getting enough one on one play time, the other dogs think its their play time too and I don't want him getting trampled. He is also clearly VERY possessive about his food, something which will most definitely be changing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 09robiha said:

He is! Fin the tiny terror is home and had so far navigated the stairs, the sofa, and the step to the garden...this little monkey has got no fear! He favourite game also involves chasing my feet whilst I try to walk 

He also posted this before I was done because he was trying to eat my phone 

I will try and get some more pictures today but he is hard to photography because he barely stays still lol has been on the go since 5 this morning.

One thing that I think will be difficult is getting enough one on one play time, the other dogs think its their play time too and I don't want him getting trampled. He is also clearly VERY possessive about his food, something which will most definitely be changing.

Oi, sounds like you got a little terrorist Husky on your hands! :rofl:

I don't even have 10 photos of Smokey thats not blurred from when she was a pup...it's all Supetman blurrs! Tsunami was like deadly opposite! He couldn't care less to move a muscle lol...

And be glad its 5am! Mine still get up regularly at 4am... And then they have the zommies...all over me!

One on one time is hectic with more than one dog, you have to set up a schedule or routine soon so they get used to it ;)

You should work on the possessives from the start, it makes it much easier ;)

• Like 1

Oi, sounds like you got a little terrorist Husky on your hands! :rofl:

I don't even have 10 photos of Smokey thats not blurred from when she was a pup...it's all Supetman blurrs! Tsunami was like deadly opposite! He couldn't care less to move a muscle lol...

And be glad its 5am! Mine still get up regularly at 4am... And then they have the zommies...all over me!

One on one time is hectic with more than one dog, you have to set up a schedule or routine soon so they get used to it [emoji6]

You should work on the possessives from the start, it makes it much easier [emoji6]

Oh he is definitely a character, very cheeky! But smart, he managed to learn sit today and the basics of 'leave it'.

When we go back to work there will be a much better routine, I think both myself, hubby, and dogs all feel really out of routine whenever we have time off. That routine will still have a 6am start though unfortunately!

de5de54e4a841fc2fef5add9378fcf70.jpg

8f3d96319bdeadc9262906fc352eb397.jpg

36e5f9b8ee24d44e2c0fb1fbb8ff79d3.jpg

The only still pictures I have! He is currently asleep wrapped in a towel on my knee because a certain border collie peed on him...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 09robiha said:

Oh he is definitely a character, very cheeky! But smart, he managed to learn sit today and the basics of 'leave it'.

When we go back to work there will be a much better routine, I think both myself, hubby, and dogs all feel really out of routine whenever we have time off. That routine will still have a 6am start though unfortunately!

de5de54e4a841fc2fef5add9378fcf70.jpg

8f3d96319bdeadc9262906fc352eb397.jpg

36e5f9b8ee24d44e2c0fb1fbb8ff79d3.jpg

The only still pictures I have! He is currently asleep wrapped in a towel on my knee because a certain border collie peed on him...

Border Collies love peeing on new puppies!!! Both Wollie and B did it... And B will still lift his leg towards the Huskies! Hento just wanted to show him who's the boss! He's used to being the only male, now there's a new boy around getting the attention...

Haha seeing him with sneakers! You better teach leave it with sneakers quickly as the little buggers love chewing them, the more expensive the better chewtoys they make! Smokey loved my Nikes when she was a pup ;)

He looks way more adventurous than Harper! You'll need to stay away from muddy areas...

How's Harper liking the new furkid?

Border Collies love peeing on new puppies!!! Both Wollie and B did it... And B will still lift his leg towards the Huskies! Hento just wanted to show him who's the boss! He's used to being the only male, now there's a new boy around getting the attention...

Haha seeing him with sneakers! You better teach leave it with sneakers quickly as the little buggers love chewing them, the more expensive the better chewtoys they make! Smokey loved my Nikes when she was a pup [emoji6]

He looks way more adventurous than Harper! You'll need to stay away from muddy areas...

How's Harper liking the new furkid?

Haha I actually think he just didn't shift out of the way quick enough and then the poor thing stepped in the puddle too, had no idea what was going on lol

Hento is actually taking this all ALOT better than when we got Harper, and so am I, I feel much more relaxed and confident, hopefully it will rub off on him.

He is very very curious about everything and nothing seems to have fazed him yet, not even my friends huge German Shepards that came to visit him. He is a little unsure when the 'big' dogs starting playing and really get into it though.

Harper likes him and they are starting to play but she is very aware (like Hento) that indoor time is quiet, relaxed time because that's what they have been taught, so it might take a while for them to play together in the house. She also needs to learn that her paw is about the size of his head!

c99983deb7b1916c03e71e3bce909176.jpg

• Like 1

I love his pillow! Who wouldn't want to sleep on food??? (Even if its stuffed)

If I were you I'd keep the playing for outside like the older two are used to...Husky play gets a lot more boisterous and zoomies tend to knock things off indoors ;)

It's good that he's so curious and is not afraid of stuff, it shows the breeder did a good job socializing him so far. Now you have to keep up with it and make sure he has good experiences in a lot of situations, meeting dogs, people, going places, hearing strange sounds...the more you put into it now the less problems you'll have later ;) Its great that he's responding so well with the training so quickly, it shows he's intelligent :D also shows that he's probably going to give you grey hairs in the future! :rofl:

• Like 1

I love his pillow! Who wouldn't want to sleep on food??? (Even if its stuffed)

If I were you I'd keep the playing for outside like the older two are used to...Husky play gets a lot more boisterous and zoomies tend to knock things off indoors [emoji6]

It's good that he's so curious and is not afraid of stuff, it shows the breeder did a good job socializing him so far. Now you have to keep up with it and make sure he has good experiences in a lot of situations, meeting dogs, people, going places, hearing strange sounds...the more you put into it now the less problems you'll have later [emoji6] Its great that he's responding so well with the training so quickly, it shows he's intelligent [emoji3] also shows that he's probably going to give you grey hairs in the future! :rofl:

Haha that's what Louis (stepson) wanted to get him along with the doughnut! It's actually a squeaky toy but he fell asleep with it like that bless him.

She hasn't showed ANY interest in playing with him yet at all which is strange, I am guessing it's because she is in season and more interested in cuddling up with Hento? She had been brilliant about not bullying him though or pushing him around, very careful to not knock him over which I am really pleased with, and no bullying him over his food or toys which she can do to Hento if I don't stop her!

He already is the little sock stealer that he is!

He's finally eaten, peed, and pooped properly today which is a relief :)

Oh he's so gorgeous! Congratulations on bringing him home at last. :wub:

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

Thank you, I need to get a video because the pictures don't do him justice, he really is a sweetheart

• Like 2

Maybe Harper will take a 'mommy' approach after her season... Usually they act all over the place while in season, one minute all cuddly and the next they growl at everything... Or else she's just waiting to see if the puppy stays or goes! ;)

She'll get to the playing and bullying once she's back to normal again! Does she play Husky style and slap Hento with her front paws? And wrestle? If not she'll probably learn it from Finn... :D

What is it with Husky boys and socks??? Tsunami has a huge love for hoarding socks... and he ruined my nice towel socks for this winter! So now my feet's not warm because there's huge holes in them!!! Smokey doesn't care about socks, she loves the shoes, but he would do anything to steal a sock!

• Like 1

Maybe Harper will take a 'mommy' approach after her season... Usually they act all over the place while in season, one minute all cuddly and the next they growl at everything... Or else she's just waiting to see if the puppy stays or goes! [emoji6]

She'll get to the playing and bullying once she's back to normal again! Does she play Husky style and slap Hento with her front paws? And wrestle? If not she'll probably learn it from Finn... [emoji3]

What is it with Husky boys and socks??? Tsunami has a huge love for hoarding socks... and he ruined my nice towel socks for this winter! So now my feet's not warm because there's huge holes in them!!! Smokey doesn't care about socks, she loves the shoes, but he would do anything to steal a sock!

Hahaha she does! Just runs up to him and slaps him with her great big paw....some days he puts up with it, some days he runs away or tells her to go away. They never get to the wrestling stage but she does it with other dogs which some people love and some people are terrified of! She has tried a bit with Finn this morning but he is not sure yet lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 09robiha said:

Hahaha she does! Just runs up to him and slaps him with her great big paw....some days he puts up with it, some days he runs away or tells her to go away. They never get to the wrestling stage but she does it with other dogs which some people love and some people are terrified of! She has tried a bit with Finn this morning but he is not sure yet lol

Oh, Finn will get there! And then when it looks like they're trying to kill each other people will think you have serial killer dogs! :rofl: it's just their way of playing, but not many people are aware of it...

You should see a bunch of Huskies playing and tackling another at Tsunami's playdates! It sounds like murder and looks worse! :D

6d891ac589d1f2124bddd72e4a24eba9.jpg

77ce5a8863b2909e1541c6483a18b7bf.jpg

493576f82de5039be99ce8c1da7ef4eb.jpg

a18617939cc18ecc0eda19c4371fa55c.jpg

Little Finn has been on his adventures today and met alsorts of people, although he hasn't quite figured how to get in and out of the car yet!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...