Another introduction :)

I'm sure this little guy will feel special in your home whatever his name is going to be!

Aero, Zeus, Hayden... I'm running out of names to suggest! And I assume Jaws is out of the question?? [emoji14] You can always call him George... [emoji3]:rofl:

It's official...puppy is going to be called Finn! My partners step-son picked it out of nowhere today (he didn't know we had discussed it before) so it was too much of a coincide not too :)

Also got the below pic from our breeder today...life must be hard being a puppy lol

2f5d4f7d7905f9fd06e9985dd066a50f.jpg

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 09robiha said:

It's official...puppy is going to be called Finn! My partners step-son picked it out of nowhere today (he didn't know we had discussed it before) so it was too much of a coincide not too :)

Also got the below pic from our breeder today...life must be hard being a puppy lol

2f5d4f7d7905f9fd06e9985dd066a50f.jpg

Haha, well hello Finn! You're not supposed to sleep in your food...you have to eat it and get big so you can go to your new home!

Looks like you'll be having your hands full with him :D

Are all his feet white? I love the white under his chest!

Haha, well hello Finn! You're not supposed to sleep in your food...you have to eat it and get big so you can go to your new home!

Looks like you'll be having your hands full with him [emoji3]

Are all his feet white? I love the white under his chest!

Some updated puppy pics just for you Cindy!

da46fb69b817d76009a7a576c40acda7.jpg

ac15a71e992b7dc8942354cc469ca1c8.jpg

13051522ddcd546ea64d436a45894be7.jpg

You should be able to see that all of his little feet are white and that he has lightened up a little bit which doesn't both me at all. The breeder has said he is doing well and that he is definitely the cheekiest of the bunch, but also the most laid back and cuddliest. We have been doing lots of puppy proofing this weekend, got his crate all set up with blankets (won't make the same mistake of giving him a bed like Harper!), and bought some new toys...only 3 more weeks to go!

• Like 3

See how time flies!!!!

Finn is going to be one gorgeous dog when he's bigger! I mean he's a pretty pup, but the older he gets the more his colours change... I love how his feet is white and then the legs start grey before the blackish colour! It's like they run out of ink ;)

Haha he looks very much cheeky and you can do all the puppy proofing you'd like, but he's going to be a handful! As laid back as they are with a breeder, they can be totally different once home... At least you have lots of experience with Harper! He'll be a fluffball full of energy when you get him in 3 weeks who's ready to explore the world!

Does the breeder socialize them well? It's very important to make sure he is confident later on ;)

• Like 1

See how time flies!!!!

Finn is going to be one gorgeous dog when he's bigger! I mean he's a pretty pup, but the older he gets the more his colours change... I love how his feet is white and then the legs start grey before the blackish colour! It's like they run out of ink [emoji6]

Haha he looks very much cheeky and you can do all the puppy proofing you'd like, but he's going to be a handful! As laid back as they are with a breeder, they can be totally different once home... At least you have lots of experience with Harper! He'll be a fluffball full of energy when you get him in 3 weeks who's ready to explore the world!

Does the breeder socialize them well? It's very important to make sure he is confident later on [emoji6]

She has 11 other dogs (most of them are just her existing pets before she decided to start showing and then having an occasional litter) so she lets them play with one or two of the older dogs at a time. I'm hoping that helps his confidence, although I can already see the difference between him and Harper as a pup. I've learnt a lot of lessons from Harper and will hopefully not be making too many of the same mistakes!

I love his colouring too, I just think it's gorgeous and I'm so glad we went to see him :)

Hubbys little boy is still insisting we should call him 'blackie' because of his colour...its very hard to explain to a 4 year old why you can't call him that lol

Awww! He just gets cuter and cuter! :wub:

Sent via the power of rubbish tapatalk

Thanks Emma, can't wait to bring him home, feel like I'm waiting for a new baby!

• Like 2

Or you'll have to get creative and call him Blackfinn :rofl:

I doubt that he's going to be black when adult...as he's changed already it's gottent lighter more brown & grey inbetween judging by these pics. Also his face is getter lighter around the eyes! Smokey ends up being totally different shades of red/brown depending on the season, so it's really hard to guess, but he doesn't give me the impression of going to be black like Tsunami's body for instance ;) Funny enough he might be mostly black but some of his undercoat is white under the black hair! So its totally confusing when he's shedding!

Somewhere I started a thread on here years ago of how their faces change from puppy to adult and you'll me amazed how different they end up looking! But its fun comparing the photos later :D

• Like 2

Or you'll have to get creative and call him Blackfinn :rofl:

I doubt that he's going to be black when adult...as he's changed already it's gottent lighter more brown & grey inbetween judging by these pics. Also his face is getter lighter around the eyes! Smokey ends up being totally different shades of red/brown depending on the season, so it's really hard to guess, but he doesn't give me the impression of going to be black like Tsunami's body for instance [emoji6] Funny enough he might be mostly black but some of his undercoat is white under the black hair! So its totally confusing when he's shedding!

Somewhere I started a thread on here years ago of how their faces change from puppy to adult and you'll me amazed how different they end up looking! But its fun comparing the photos later [emoji3]

Hahaha hubby has nicknames for all our dogs (fluffybum and pup-a-lump) and has started calling him crazy eye 😂 not impressed! I don't think he will be totally black either, but I love that and all the variation in his coat is going to be super cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 09robiha said:

Hahaha hubby has nicknames for all our dogs (fluffybum and pup-a-lump) and has started calling him crazy eye  not impressed! I don't think he will be totally black either, but I love that and all the variation in his coat is going to be super cool.

I heard a nice Husky name this week: Turbo! I think it's so appropriate for the breed!

I also like how all the different colours of the hair looks mixed together, it's not just a plain one toned colour!

Just make sure to get him used to strange/loud noises too when he's little ;) oh Harper's gonna have so much fun chasing her little brother around!!!

• Like 1

I heard a nice Husky name this week: Turbo! I think it's so appropriate for the breed!

I also like how all the different colours of the hair looks mixed together, it's not just a plain one toned colour!

Just make sure to get him used to strange/loud noises too when he's little [emoji6] oh Harper's gonna have so much fun chasing her little brother around!!!

Ooo I like Turbo, how appropriate!

Haha I think so too, if and when she can be bothered to move from this:

9b5785f71a179d6221b5c7da1485adf8.jpg

• Like 1

Haha she's not even bothered by the TV!

Yeah I'd just be careful when calling them Turbo :rofl: you'd be encouraging their hyperactive nature! You know how some dogs live up to their name??? Tsunami certainly does! [emoji3]

Nope, or the washing machine I have on 😂 I'm off work today so both dogs have had a really good run with their dog buddies and slept all day, its so unbelievably quiet! Haha I think Finn is a pretty cute name, don't think he will have any problem living up to that ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
@09robiha  Ummmm, any new pics???? And when's the big day you pick him up????

I have a couple that I will update with later :) we pick him up this Saturday!

@loudlucky here you go! He is pictured with his foster sister (long story short she was sold on to a new family who were told they had to take her at five weeks or they would get rid of her, the breeder has stepped in to foster the pup until she is old enough to be separated from a litter) whom is gorgeous!

We pick Finn up on Saturday morning and think we are ready apart from Harper going to heat and being a grumpy bum with everyone. I'm a bit nervous about how she will except the puppy now, but she seems fine as long as another dog doesn't sniff her..ahem...private area...so we will just have to keep a close eye on them I think.

My 5 year old step-son had also bought Finn a cuddly toy so 'he doesn't steal his Lego' .... We'll see how well that goes :')

42505dc3baefcc164734442a75fdc091.jpg

3fd2554858e5c7be7f71f44bbede5193.jpg

675b29b399aa31221e1d9d4dc3ab71a0.jpg

• Like 3

He's even more gorgeous! I love the black patch on the shoulders!

Harper should be fine, you have to supervise them together anyways for the first few weeks ;) Maybe having a pup around makes her broody :P

Smokey was very much moody and even snappy when she was in season, thankfully that is all of the past after the spay!

I'm afraid Finn might still find multi coloured Lego blocks laying around something interesting to chew on ;) just be careful as they can be a choking hazard and even cut his gums pretty bad if he gets hold of them! He looks like a little terror already...and a power chewer! :D

In the first pic his foster sister looks very much like Tsunami as a pup, but on the second pic not so... Lol

You're going to have a busy weekend for sure! Hopefully you get to enjoy him between all the craziness that a new pup brings! He looks cute enough to squeeze!

He's even more gorgeous! I love the black patch on the shoulders!

Harper should be fine, you have to supervise them together anyways for the first few weeks [emoji6] Maybe having a pup around makes her broody [emoji14]

Smokey was very much moody and even snappy when she was in season, thankfully that is all of the past after the spay!

I'm afraid Finn might still find multi coloured Lego blocks laying around something interesting to chew on [emoji6] just be careful as they can be a choking hazard and even cut his gums pretty bad if he gets hold of them! He looks like a little terror already...and a power chewer! [emoji3]

In the first pic his foster sister looks very much like Tsunami as a pup, but on the second pic not so... Lol

You're going to have a busy weekend for sure! Hopefully you get to enjoy him between all the craziness that a new pup brings! He looks cute enough to squeeze!

Haha he does look like a cheeky chappie indeed, I think he is definitely going to be pushing the boundries like Harper does, at least I will hopefully be a bit more prepared now after everything we have been through with Harper.

The dogs are pretty much with us or crated when they can't be so I think we will be okay, we will just have to stay on top of Hento's resources guarding issues with toys (typical collie, wants the tennis ball all to himself!)

Harper is being a major grumpy bum with everyone and going to the toilet ALOT when we go for a walk, is that normal??

Hahaha the rule is that if he doesn't want the dogs to play with it he doesn't leave it on the floor, but it's hard getting a five year old to remember that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 09robiha said:

Haha he does look like a cheeky chappie indeed, I think he is definitely going to be pushing the boundries like Harper does, at least I will hopefully be a bit more prepared now after everything we have been through with Harper.

The dogs are pretty much with us or crated when they can't be so I think we will be okay, we will just have to stay on top of Hento's resources guarding issues with toys (typical collie, wants the tennis ball all to himself!)

Harper is being a major grumpy bum with everyone and going to the toilet ALOT when we go for a walk, is that normal??

Hahaha the rule is that if he doesn't want the dogs to play with it he doesn't leave it on the floor, but it's hard getting a five year old to remember that!

Haha don't get me started on border collies and tennis balls! That's like the biggest form of OCD ever!!!

And even I can't remember to pick up everything the dogs get into, so how do you expect a five year old to do that lol :P

Smokey peed A LOT when in season. Most of it isn't really them having to pee, but them actually 'marking' or leaving a scent for male dogs ;) you'll have to keep a close eye on her while out walking as I've heard stories of them getting knocked up by male dogs running unleashed! The rule here is never to walk a dog in season and almost all dog parks do not allow in season females entry.

• Like 1

Haha don't get me started on border collies and tennis balls! That's like the biggest form of OCD ever!!!

And even I can't remember to pick up everything the dogs get into, so how do you expect a five year old to do that lol [emoji14]

Smokey peed A LOT when in season. Most of it isn't really them having to pee, but them actually 'marking' or leaving a scent for male dogs [emoji6] you'll have to keep a close eye on her while out walking as I've heard stories of them getting knocked up by male dogs running unleashed! The rule here is never to walk a dog in season and almost all dog parks do not allow in season females entry.

Haha it's when he brings me a ball whilst I'm still in bed that cracks me up, he just puts it right on my pillow next to me just in case I want to throw it for him...

Exactly! I have caught him 'explaining' that Lego is not for dogs to them before but don't have the heart to tell him that won't work because he always looks like they are both having such a good conversation, its so adorable!

Ahhh brilliant, that's what I thought but just wanted to check! We have been okay so far, but have been walking in very secluded places. I couldn't imagine her not getting at least one walk a day, my house would be ripped apart!

54 minutes ago, 09robiha said:

Haha it's when he brings me a ball whilst I'm still in bed that cracks me up, he just puts it right on my pillow next to me just in case I want to throw it for him...

Exactly! I have caught him 'explaining' that Lego is not for dogs to them before but don't have the heart to tell him that won't work because he always looks like they are both having such a good conversation, its so adorable!

Ahhh brilliant, that's what I thought but just wanted to check! We have been okay so far, but have been walking in very secluded places. I couldn't imagine her not getting at least one walk a day, my house would be ripped apart!

You get doggy hygiene pants for females in season ;) they protect from unwanted mating sessions as well! Might want to look into it if you're not going to spay her for now... The pants aren't that expensive and are great for the mess in the house ;)

Haha ball on the pillow... Wollie would've dropped it on my face! And if I didn't feel like throwing it he would bark or keep tugging on me... I don't know why most of them are obsessed with tennis balls (and frisbees!)

It's like Tsunami with his Sprong ball...that's the only toy he'll play fetch with and he values it higher than most treats! He got it for Christmas and it's pretty chewed up, but he won't play with another one! I have no idea what he'll do if he loses it or it totally falls apart...

You could always try 'doctoring' a few lego bricks with Vicks vapour rub, they should leave it alone after tasting it a few times ;)

Hidden

The bitches britches won't keep them from tying. They are mostly to help keep your floors clean. The dogs can, with very little effort, tear them off or move them aside. They are good as a deterrent, but I suggest limiting exercise during heats. 

On 6/24/2016 at 4:11 AM, jmscott said:

The bitches britches won't keep them from tying. They are mostly to help keep your floors clean. The dogs can, with very little effort, tear them off or move them aside. They are good as a deterrent, but I suggest limiting exercise during heats. 

Yeah they wouldn't last if you leave it on the dog with other dogs present, but they'd help while on a walk (on a short leash) where you can supervise and obviously intervene if a dog approached...

• Like 1

@loudylucky....today is the day! Very excited :)

Yeah they wouldn't last if you leave it on the dog with other dogs present, but they'd help while on a walk (on a short leash) where you can supervise and obviously intervene if a dog approached...

This is our approach at the moment, (short lead and intervention) but it has shocked me at the amount of comments I have gotten when asking people to please keep hold of their dogs while we pass (I don't think I am being rude with a polite 'oh she's in season of you could just keep hold of him for a minute'). I am walking her in a quiet place on a short lead, what more do you want me to do people?!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 09robiha said:

@loudylucky....today is the day! Very excited :)

This is our approach at the moment, (short lead and intervention) but it has shocked me at the amount of comments I have gotten when asking people to please keep hold of their dogs while we pass (I don't think I am being rude with a polite 'oh she's in season of you could just keep hold of him for a minute'). I am walking her in a quiet place on a short lead, what more do you want me to do people?!

Like Jaimie said, the general rule is not to take a bitch in season for walks or to dog parks, so that's probably why people are giving you a bit of grief! If you take her out while not busy and keep her away from other dogs a walk is probably okay, just be careful when the bleeding stops is when she'll want to be tied with a dog and allow it ;)

I can't wait to see Finn pics!!!

Like Jaimie said, the general rule is not to take a bitch in season for walks or to dog parks, so that's probably why people are giving you a bit of grief! If you take her out while not busy and keep her away from other dogs a walk is probably okay, just be careful when the bleeding stops is when she'll want to be tied with a dog and allow it [emoji6]

I can't wait to see Finn pics!!!

I don't think there is any such 'rule' here and well....she still needs to be walked. I'm not exactly throwing her into a park full of dogs, just walking her down the pavement and being as careful as respectful as I can be.

I just can't wait to see him, feels like ages since we last visited!