New members of the family

Oh wow! Congratulates on your new babies! Can you have a pack of rats? I'm not sure what a group of them is called (it's too early for my fragile brain, lol).

Sent via the power of telepathy.

A group of rats is called a mischief so not quite sure what we've let ourselves in for lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emma said:

Oh wow! Congratulates on your new babies! Can you have a pack of rats? I'm not sure what a group of them is called (it's too early for my fragile brain, lol).

Sent via the power of telepathy.

Rats in a domestic setting at least bond together. They have hierarchy and will pick on each other like any other sibling but they are a pretty tight nit little group. Now hopefully those are all either female or male otherwise poor Nix is going to be overrun in a little bit of time.

Congratz on your ratz Nix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

All girls luckily lol , I'm honestly amazed how well remi and harley have accepted the new babies ,they're all still young tho , my first 2 are about 8 months old , the babies are 8-9 weeks

My brothers rats all pick on the youngest until she gets fed up then she chases them around the cage and gets her revenge.  She is aparently a hoarder and steals food and hides it away so she probably asking to be picked on. 

My brothers rats all pick on the youngest until she gets fed up then she chases them around the cage and gets her revenge.  She is aparently a hoarder and steals food and hides it away so she probably asking to be picked on. 

Funny u say that remi is the more dominant one n 'bullies' harley , harley is the one who stashes her food lol

5 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Funny u say that remi is the more dominant one n 'bullies' harley , harley is the one who stashes her food lol

Its funny cause you will be playing on xbox with him and all the sudden you hear squeaking and thump.  And you hear him in the background go quit being a wuss and get them back.  A few minutes later you'll hear three different squeaks and 3 different thumps and he says good job. They fight like they are human siblings.

Its funny cause you will be playing on xbox with him and all the sudden you hear squeaking and thump.  And you hear him in the background go quit being a wuss and get them back.  A few minutes later you'll hear three different squeaks and 3 different thumps and he says good job. They fight like they are human siblings.

They really are, they keep me amused for hours

Thought I would share too.  Before anyone gets worried these rats were under supervision and they were raised around dogs so they were not scared.  They ride my parents male Sheltie around the house and chase the female.  Cheza however, lets just say due to the amount of drool we decided the rats should stay in the carrier. They still had fun playing tag with Cheza's nose then running to the end of the carrier.  Sorry for the sideways view.

20160327_114859.jpg

20160327_115159.jpg

20160327_115204.jpg

• Like 1