Chris Hagar - A Good Friend

Martian

Taken the day off today to attend the funeral of a good friend - Christopher Hagar.

Chris was born in West Yorkshire but moved to Lincolnshire, (approximately 20 years ago), and my wife and I had the pleasure of knowing him, (albeit briefly), for the past two years since we moved to our cottage in Lincolnshire.

Chris was a farmer and spent his entire life with various types of livestock, (the past few years being devoted to rearing his beloved sheep), and I have never seen anyone so knowledgeable and caring for his animals, (not to mention the ducks, geese, chickens and cats as well)!

Chris was the first 'local' to welcome us into our cottage and he has assisted me with numerous 'projects' during the past couple of years - such as the erection of a sturdy metal farm gate and some additional fencing, (to keep all of our animals safe), and he also assist me to rebuild my workshop, (late last year), otherwise that would still be lying, (in pieces), against the garden fence!

He just managed to bring all his new lambs home, safely, before it was time for him to leave.