Hi i need advice .. kaiser my loving husky will be 2 this year .. on valentines day my 13 yr old German Shepherd crossed the rainbow bridge .. kaiser has always been a fussy eater but reeko my shepherd would encourage him .. kaiser has hardly eaten all week and im so worried about him .. when i go to give him his food he cries .. as if hes trying to tell me something .. ive tried everything ... any ideas please?? Would be truly appreciated .. thank you .. 

Hi, sorry to hear about your GSD! 

When my Border collie died, Smokey my Husky took it hard (and still misses him today 6months later!)

She wouldn't eat for about a week and cried the whole time ... Only thing I did that helped was getting another Husky puppy ;) she started eating and then played with Tsunami so it made it a little better for her I think ...

But she will still look for Wollie and cry if she finds a toy or something of his... I have no idea how to help, but I'm sure others will give you good advice on here :D

• Like 1

I second Loudlucky's comments   Lunar went off his food and was very very depressed when Cain went over the bridge just before Christmas  -  then we got Marley and for the first time in his life he started to play, and then he started to eat again  -  he still looks a little depressed on occasions - but when puppy Marley starts to play with him he seems to forget his grief.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolfpup said:

I second Loudlucky's comments   Lunar went off his food and was very very depressed when Cain went over the bridge just before Christmas  -  then we got Marley and for the first time in his life he started to play, and then he started to eat again  -  he still looks a little depressed on occasions - but when puppy Marley starts to play with him he seems to forget his grief.

Yes, its unfortunately the only way I know how to help them... The Husky needs canine companionship 24/7 they do not do well when losing a furry friend in my experience ;)

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for your loss.

It will take time for all of you to grieve for the loss of Reeko.

I wish I could suggest one thing that would magic away all of this pain but sadly I can't. Exercise is good for mental health and advised to help treat depression in both humans and dogs alike, so plenty of long walks together may help a little.

Run free over the rainbow bridge Reeko. :runfree:

Sent from my phone, powered by a magical unicorn's horn.

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone .. i am trying to keep him to his routine as much as possible .. my dog walker is amazing with him .. he takes him on 8 mile runs and through rivers which kaiser is loving .. i have seen signs that he is lonely .. although i would love another dog .. i have to consider my options .. ive stopped his breakfast as he has never really been a big breakfast eater as he hates getting up of a morning .. for a husky he does enjoy his lie ins .. lol .. tonight i made him his favourite and he did eat some of it .. and he seemed to enjoy it .. which was good to see .. but i can see he is a bit depressed and grieving for Reeko .. i hope i can get him through this i really do .. thank you all