Underweight husky

Brianna

I've got a husky/German Shepherd mix whos a couple weeks away from turning two. He's very underweight, very small. I've tried every type of grain free food available on shelves and he just won't eat. He'll scavange like crazy after I eat or cook as if he's starving.

We've been to the vet numerous times, getting so many tests done. He's also been tested for EPI and his levels were fine. When he was a puppy, he was always bigger than huskies younger than him. He just stopped growing one day.

Solid poops is rare, but we just started probiotics a couple days ago. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also last vet visit he was weighed and came up to only 38 lbs :(

1455476598920-1946665861.jpg

Hi, have you tried like a good branded gravy or something over his kibble?

When my boy get picky with his kibble I grate one of his fav biscuits (ones I know are ok with his tummy) over his food very fine, it gets him to eat ;)

I've also started to reward him with treat if he eats half a bowl of kibble and then his biscuit if he finishes the bowl. (When I'm in a hurry I just grate it over)

Also I've found it matters when and where you feed them, as they have personal preference!

Smokey my girl eats the best/most when she has access to food at 3am in the night!

Good luck!