Another day, another explosive rear end.

Emma

As many of you already know Bear has an aggressive form of Inflammatory bowel disease (not to be confused with IBS.   IBD's include conditions such as Chrons Disease and Ulcerative colitis.)

She's on steroid management, 25mg every other day and we're always working with the vet to try and reduce the dose as much as possible due to the life shortening risks associated with long term steroid therapy.   She has been doing particularly well recently,  Infact she was getting very constipated and stuggling to go to the toilet so to try to counteract this  I decided to try and go from every other day to every third day and all was well for about a week.   My wonderful hubby whom I love dearly decided to ignore me telling him not to give her anything other than her food and special dog treats for the time being and instead decided to give her a couple of his potato wedges covered in southern fried coating.  It didn't end well.  

She's been exploding runny poop from her butt for a couple of days now and is back on her normal regimen of every other day.   Thankfully she hasn't gone too downhill, she's still feeling well in herself.  When she gets really bad she vomits numerous times per hour, passes a lot (and i really mean it when i say a lot ) of blood from her butt and lacks the energy to do anything other than lay in a depressed heap on the floor.  She hasn't been like that since she started on the steroid treatment though thankfully. It was a very challenging time for us all.  

So that's where we are now.  A happy and waggy tailed Bear, with a runny butt.  Poor little girl had an accident on the hallway floor overnight.  She will have been quite upset about it at the time as she always gets upset when she has an accident indoors.  So plenty of TLC for my big fluff monster today.....and stocking up with some more kitchen roll and anti bacterial cleaner!  lol. 

She'll get back to normal in another day or two.  That's normally how this plays out when it happens.  Even with the meds she will have the occasional flare up from time to time.  It's just not anywhere near as severe as before. 

• Like 1

Thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's picked up a lot today. It's very sudden how quick she changes. One day she can be as sick as a dog and the next day back to normal.

Glad to hear she is on the mend.  That happened to Nikko a couple months ago, he had explosive poo and blood in it too, and I make an appointment and then the next day everything is normal.  Finicky tummies!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Glad to hear she is on the mend.  That happened to Nikko a couple months ago, he had explosive poo and blood in it too, and I make an appointment and then the next day everything is normal.  Finicky tummies!

Oh no, poor Nikko.  It's pretty scary when they get like that, isn't it.  

17 hours ago, Jay said: Glad to hear she is on the mend.  That happened to Nikko a couple months ago, he had explosive poo and blood in it too, and I make an appointment and then the next day everything is normal.  Finicky tummies!

Oh no, poor Nikko.  It's pretty scary when they get like that, isn't it.  

Yeah it is! It happened again this weekend. Explosive :(. And he's still got the runs

Awww, Jay. Sorry to hear that. Hope he picks up soon, sure he will but in the meantime I am feeling nervous about the safety of your immaculate cream carpet!

Luckily he has never had an accident inside. He aways manages to make it outside !!

• Like 1