Not A a Good a Place To Be

Mazz

The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for much of Iowa. Our area in eastern Iowa, is looking at freezing rain starting in about an hour (1:15 am), and lasting until about 6:00 pm tomorrow when it switches over to snow. Expected to get 1/4" to 1/2" of ice, followed by 1" to 4" of snow.  Not looking forward to tomorrow morning. Off this week, so don't have to drive to work, but then may be stuck at home for the duration.  Should have bought that sled.

I was promised rain and got snow. Not happy about it as I have to take the bus to the post office 15 minutes drive away. Technically anyway. The bus that goes to the post office only comes by every half an hour! Try sitting in a bus stop for 30 minutes under subzero temperatures :( 

We had horrendous floods on Boxing day - thankfully our home wasn't affected as we're at the top of a hill at the start of the moors but i have friends that have been badly affected :(

People were without electric or water for 2 days and another storm is on it's way for tomorrow

Hope everyone stays safe x