bad leg again

reno had a bad hind leg a while ago. we rested it as per instructions from the vets, who at the time felt that x rays werent necessary, and it seemed to heal, anyhow, hes been limping again so we went to the vets last night and they think its his hip, so having x rays on friday. they said that he has some muscle loss on that leg so he hasn't been using it fully for some time. hes on glucosamine and green lipped mussel but can you get anything for muscles? i know physio will help and if they suggest it we have a centre that has a hydrotherepy pool, but was wondering if there was any supplements that would help. thanks

awww por Reno, I hope he recovers. Giving him something like time in the hydrotherapy pools ay help him but I would wait and find out what the vet says first. Usually if that kind of exercise would work then the vets will usually suggest it to you so f they haven't yet then I would leave it.

Hope he gets better soon.

Give him a big hug from me and 3 kisses (one from Gizmo, one from Marley and one from Bandit)

:sweet_kiss::sweet_kiss::sweet_kiss::60:

thanks siberian wolf and the hugs will be duly given. i am waiting to see what the vet says, from last time he had to rest it and it seemed to heal, but obviously with the muscle waste it didn't heal as much as we thought, and they are brave dogs, lol, both have had thorns in their pads and didn't yelp, just limped but tried to look like they wern't, it must be the ' don't look weak or you'll be eaten thing', lol. theres lots of info on the net for joint injuries, just not much around for muscles, and deep heat won't get through the fur, lol. its poss the injurie was caused when he was a pup and came skidding into the hall on the laminate flooring and mikito fell onto the leg, but who knows, just want it sorted and hope its not going to be something that impeads him.

hi sarah, they haven't said about anything yet, prob waiting for the x ray results. on a lighter note, i am not to exercise him much so he only had a 30min walk on the lead and my god, do peeps realise what happens when you don't exercise a husky properly, lol, he was bounding around the house, squeaking his ball all over the place, throwing his blanket over the lounge, chatting for attention, and we are supposed to keep him from jumping etc.... sheesh!!!!!

I can ask my vet for some refrances but here in Canada because it's so cold(grrr) a lot of people with our larger breeds and outdoor dogs use glicosomine, its a supplement for the muscles and joints, I'm sorry I don't know a lot about it I did ask my vet and he said when sakora is about 5 we could put her on it as a preventative, I'm really sorry to here about reno's leg hope all will be good, but you can also look on the internet, but I will ask if theres any web sites that can be usefull for you to research

update on renos leg, he had x rays yesterday and they didn't show anything sinister, although his hips arn't perfect, the vet doesn't think they are causing a problem and his knees are fine so have put him on two weeks anti inflammortories and will take him back when they are finished. ligaments seem fine. when he was sedated he did show a little resistance to his right leg being manipulated. so the lameness is a bit of a mystery. the vet said it could be growing pains like humans have but their is no way of knowing this.