On lead vs off lead

Emma

Off lead vs on lead   

50 members have voted

1. 1. On lead or off lead: what do you do with your huskies?

• On lead unless in a secure enclosure such as a dog park
    • On lead only
    • Off lead anywhere

Ok.  So it appears we seem to have lost our old poll regarding people's personal preferences for on lead/off lead walking with their huskies.  

Here's a new one and please feel free to add your vote.  Just choose one option please.  I've tried to make the votes anonymous as I know how controversial this subject can be and appreciate you may be feel more comfortable with voting being done this way.  

22 minutes ago, jent78 said:

I wonder if it's just "not anonymous" to moderators?  I can't see who voted, at the very least ;)  

Good point. I couldnt see who voted either at first and then realised that actually I can. Lol I wasn't sure if I had set up the poll correctly and as it turns out, I probably have not.  Lol

2 hours ago, robke said:

voted but is not very anonymous...LOL

Bugger.   I'm not used to this kind of thing, lol.  Will try and sort it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I find the choices to be limited. For those of us who let ours off, it's not anywhere and everywhere. I let Kaiel frolick in the nature preserve near my house and he runs around in circles jumping around. His callback skills are on point. The only time he didn't come back to me or stay in our good distance zone was when he saw the neighbor's toddler outside and wanted to meet her....I was able to get him before he made to her. He was only going to give kisses anyway.

On lead only. I would do off lead only in enclosed areas, but we have no such things around here :(

Dex listens very good. He never seeks any conflicts with other dogs and will probably stay close to me most of the time. But he has an enormous prey drive when he sees something moving in the distance. He spots every hedgehog and mouse in the area. Even on a 1,5M lead he already managed to kill more than I care to admit before I even had the time to respond. I can only imagine how that would go when he's off lead...

• 4 years later...