Activity streams

Marc

Hi All,

My now you will have no doubt noticed that the "Unread Content" has changed in the way it works. You have probably also noticed the Activity streams that we have on the site. These are an excellent way to discover new content on the site. There are some default streams which you can use such as the following

• All Activity - This will give you all activity in descending order as a stream. This one unlike others will notify you if you are on the page of any new content on the site. I like sitting on this page at times when on the site, as I miss nothing that is going on, so it can be a great feature
  • Content I started - This will show you exactly what it says. Any new content that you have started, so you can watch your own topics, gallery images etc from that area.

My Activity streams. So you see a dropdown that is there, and this has a few other streams in addition to those I mentioned above. The coolest thing about this area however, is that you can create your own streams that show what you want them to show. In order to show you this I have done an example video. On here I decided that I wanted a stream that shows me the last 10 days content, but only topics and profile updates.

:cool:

Is there a way to check out threads that other specific people have started.   For example, lets pretend that Rob posted a topic several months ago that I wanted to see again to show someone.  Previously I could just go onto his profile and look up all the threads he's started and scroll down until the right one appears.  

4 minutes ago, Emma said:

:cool:

Is there a way to check out threads that other specific people have started.   For example, lets pretend that Rob posted a topic several months ago that I wanted to see again to show someone.  Previously I could just go onto his profile and look up all the threads he's started and scroll down until the right one appears.  

Thanks and you're gonna shoot me in the head now for this but I mean can you filter it to show just the topics started by Rob?   To look solely at his created thread history.  I used to use that a lot a lot as my role of staff member.  To find an old topic he started a while ago would be very hard as it would be long buried in all of that activity.

edit: sorry for dragging you into this Rob, I was just using you as an example. lol.

22 minutes ago, Emma said:

Thanks and you're gonna shoot me in the head now for this but I mean can you filter it to show just the topics started by Rob?   To look solely at his created thread history.  I used to use that a lot a lot as my role of staff member.  To find an old topic he started a while ago would be very hard as it would be long buried in all of that activity.

edit: sorry for dragging you into this Rob, I was just using you as an example. lol.

Oh I do not mind Emma...state normal for me LOLOLOL

• 4 weeks later...