Opinions on design/layout?

Dan

Hi all, I'm working on a site to try and automate a competition we have annually on another forum I'm on. The guy that used to run it used to calculate and lay everything out manually in excel, and had to give it up due to lack of time a couple years ago. I decided it shouldn't be too hard to revive it, and it was a good bit of fun. I've designed it to be as little work for myself as possible (once it's done), so users submit their entries themselves, and once a question is answered, I simply drop the answer into a file and it calculates all the scores and lays them out for me, no extra work required :D

Seeing as the actual contestants can't see anything until the 1st of November, thought I'd ask here what people think of the layout/usability/design of it? Easy to navigate? Nothing too cramped etc?

I've created a mirror here for testing, which is completely separate from the actual competition: http://nqlasers.com/test/

Let me know what you think :)

Looks ok to me but the colour scheme is quite dark.   Not sure if that's in keeping with the rest of the forum though.  If it were left  to me, I'd paint everything with rainbows and sparkles!  Lol. 

Edited by Emma

Thanks for the input everyone :) 10 days to go until it closes and hopefully there's not too many bugs that show up when it happens! Will be waiting eagerly for the clock to roll over and see how it does. The things you do as a nerd lol ..

• 5 years later...