D.I.Y talents?

Emma

So how many of you are any good at d.i.y home stuff?

Hubby does a lot of the hard work and electrical stuff but things like painting, carpet laying etc.... Are my domain.

What d.i.y skills/experiences do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up in a low-income household full of girls who couldn't hang a photo or kill a spider ;)

Luckily for me, my grandfather was a master with wood and precision, while my uncle was the mechanical madman.

If your houses roof is torn of in a tornado and your walls collapse... I can fix it.

Pretty much turn my hand to anything

Was pleased with my recent mechanical "skill" in replacing the SCVs on the RAV4 (which sounds better than what they are, Suction Control Valves!). Garage wanted £550 and reckoned on 3 hours of mechanic's work. Reckon I could've done it in 1 hour (but took longer until I got some decent hex spanners!) and parts cost £110. Needs 5th gear replacing - a bit fiddly but luckily accessible via a sideplate on the gearbox - but I don't have a hub puller (though someone showed how to make one)